i can't keep puft alive!

CrazyRD
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have set up a couple of puft ranches on 2 asteroids, one is supported by a  chlorine vent and the other one by polluted oxygen vent. the chlorine one is full of chlorine to the point that the vent is over pressurized and the puft keep getting stuck in a corner dying of starvation. the picture show them in 96 size room with 8 puft in it and they are being overcrowded (no eggs in the room i checked) and starving!
new puft reproduce and bring the population up, then suddenly they get stuck and i lose most of them.

I only use 2 mods, "Pliers Fixed" and "Bigger Camera Zoom Out", today i decided to disable those mods and played for hours and these puft are still getting stuck and still dies out of starvation!

puft dying.png

Steps to Reproduce

multiple restart of the game

User Feedback

the picture show them in 96 size room with 8 puft in it and they are being overcrowded (no eggs in the room i checked) and starving!

Max pufts per 96 tile stable is 6. There can be no eggs on the ground but eggs inside conveyor loader or storage bins also count. Starvation issues when there is plenty of "food" around, is usually due to lag and needs a save-reload of the game

Share this comment

the issue is that they all sit in one tile and don't move until they die and that is not getting fixed by a reload!
and if i have to reload every time.. i'm gonna lose my mind, because it takes forever to load at this stage of the game!

Share this comment

Just notices the same in my game all pufts are not reproducing on my game, room size should not be my problem ;)  this room had around 30 in there for hundreds of cycles. 

t1.thumb.png.61258fc69f773042c0f31a6400b38c98.png

And 0 eggs in storage

t2.thumb.png.8b26b333999ff02f022c3634c0a17291.png

Looks like all my puffts are going to die out within 10 cycles......

Share this comment

On 2/9/2022 at 6:51 PM, Upload said:

Looks like all my puffts are going to die out within 10 cycles......

those are squeaky Puft.. those eat only chlorine and they are placed in oxygen! the only one that can survive is the dense puft which only eat oxygen!

Edited by CrazyRD

Share this comment

Does it happen on the slowest game speed too? I remember there being an issue with that, because the game slows the AI more and more as the game progresses, which hits harder the faster you run the game. And it hit the pufts in a way that made them not "eat" frequently enough to maintain their calorie level.

Share this comment

On 2/12/2022 at 10:52 PM, CrazyRD said:

those are squeaky Puft.. those eat only chlorine and they are placed in oxygen! the only one that can survive is the dense puft which only eat oxygen!

There wild ones so they should stay alive, there where 30 different kinds there for more then 500 cycles and after the update they started dieing out

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Upload said:

There wild ones so they should stay alive, there where 30 different kinds there for more then 500 cycles and after the update they started dieing out

then this is a different problem completely, because i have another problem keeping most of my ranched animals alive. the most noticeable for me is the shove voles went from 60+ to 8. and i thought it was because the ranchers are not doing their job.. but now you said this, i'm thinking this is why i can't get my drecos to reproduce, and why my hatches numbers are going down..  actually, out of all the ranched animals i have only pips, slicksters and pacu are the only one that still reproduce at the same rate as before!

23 hours ago, BaZERGer said:

Does it happen on the slowest game speed too? I remember there being an issue with that, because the game slows the AI more and more as the game progresses, which hits harder the faster you run the game. And it hit the pufts in a way that made them not "eat" frequently enough to maintain their calorie level.

yes i tried slowing down the game, i still have the same problem of puft flying in a corner and getting stuck there starving!

and i generally play with medium speed, max speed only when i start and i know my dupes are not gonna get in trouble when i'm not looking!

Share this comment

Have you tried if removing one of the tiles on the side of them, to see if that frees them? I've experienced Shine Bugs getting stuck on the edge of water where i'd have to change something to the water to make them move at all.

Share this comment