Horrible FPS after recent patch

ALCRD
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Oxygen Not Included (base game not Spaced Out) used to run very smooth 50-60 fps with 12 dupes and decently sized base.

After recent update i barely have 20-30 FPS .... *sigh*

I know my PC isn't anything super powerful but i still was meeting the requirements and game worked smoothly before this patch.

Now my performance is completely butchered.

People with i9 and whatnot will probably not see much difference but people with weaker PC's will suffer unplayable FPS and i can't emphasize enough that it was working smoothly before this patch.

Steps to Reproduce

-Play the game

User Feedback

I'm finding this too.  On top of the slow down I'm also seeing periodic (couple of times per minute) stutters that last for a half second each.

Share this comment

Frame rate drop from 50-70 to 19-22. The game is over 3000 cycles.

CPU i7-3870x, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti.

Share this comment

yup absolutely horrible. The base game worked fine before the update.

On cycle 600+. Not a very cluttered base. The frame rate dropped from 50 to 20-10. Please fix.

My specs are Intel core i5 3450 8gb ram, 2gb amd 7850.

Also do let me know if theres any way to revert back to the previous version

OxygenNotIncluded 2021-07-16 07-17-23-315.jpg

Share this comment

Hi everyone, please include a save file so we can take a closer look!

On 7/15/2021 at 5:56 PM, JerDG said:

I'm finding this too.  On top of the slow down I'm also seeing periodic (couple of times per minute) stutters that last for a half second each.

Try collapsing the resources panel when you're not using it, this is a known issue and collapsing it removes that cost.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I just got a new computer so I'm not noticing it as much but I do feel like I'm also experiencing this a bit. Sadly, wasn't tracking my frame rate so I have no idea how much it dropped and maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Share this comment

36 minutes ago, klei.ruby said:

Hi everyone, please include a save file so we can take a closer look!

Try collapsing the resoources panel when you're not using it, this is a known issue and collapsing it removes that cost.

This is the save that i had 50-60 fps in slow mode and 40-50~ ish in fast mode depending where i was looking. Before the update.

After the update these framerates are basically halved.

I tried collapsing the resource panel and even starting new game. Once i explore the map a bit framerates drop to 40-50 in slow mode 30-40 in fast mode with just 3 dupes , no base estabilished. Where before this update it was 60 fps for majority of the early and mid game.

Also another thing worth noting Temperature overlay and Decor overlay cause even more severe slowdowns than before.

Sirius Expedition Broken Update.sav

Share this comment

Attaching Save game file giving 15-20 fps with stutters. Specs as above. Let me know if you guys need anything. Btw all mods are off. Running ONI on wind 7.

I just woke up to play the game and sadly its not playable anymore. :(

The save game file is 9MB but somehow Im unable to upload it here. Uploading it google drive

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AMNG8gmw__aTLSZVWykofNkT_8kYORxH/view?usp=sharing

2,60.png

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Tab1 said:

Attaching Save game file giving 15-20 fps with stutters. Specs as above. Let me know if you guys need anything. Btw all mods are off. Running ONI on wind 7.

This is curious. I tried to test your save to see how much more severe performance drop i would have than on my small colony.

The performance is exactly the same as on my save. 30 fps in slow mode 15-20 fps with stutters in faster speeds. I thought it would be much worse considering my colony is like the fraction of yours.

RAM usage was the only difference. Yea something is horribly borked with the framerate optimization after the update.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment

2 hours ago, ALCRD said:

This is curious. I tried to test your save to see how much more severe performance drop i would have than on my small colony.

The performance is exactly the same as on my save. 30 fps in slow mode 15-20 fps with stutters in faster speeds. I thought it would be much worse considering my colony is like the fraction of yours.

RAM usage was the only difference. Yea something is horribly borked with the framerate optimization after the update.

download.jpg

Share this comment

there seems some game freezing when play,. not sure but it looks like it happens every 20 sec or something like that

Share this comment