Growth halted plants should not consume resources, but they do.

Misca
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

When a plant's growth is halted due to temperature, pressure, lack of water, moon phase, or whatever else, it should not consume resources.  Further, dups shouldn't continue to fertilize or farmer's touch plants that are not growing.  Here you can see Joshua continuing to deliver dirt to Mealwood plants that have been halted for quite some time.

image.png.3050b42bb02d5f04dd3fe63a0fe75bea.png

Steps to Reproduce

Plant something that requires fertilization in an environment it can't live in, and watch the show.

• Thanks 1

User Feedback

I get what you´d like to have, but thats just one of the things the game does on purpose. YOU the player, are supposed to manage all of this. Thats what the game is all about.

Share this comment

When a plant's growth is halted due to lack of water, it stops consuming solid resources.
However, if the game is saved and reloaded, the plant's growth is halted, but it continues to consume solid resources.
This is inconsistent behavior.

Share this comment

No, Sharra, I think you are incorrect.  I believe this is an oversight.  Consider this.  If I have a plant that is ready for harvest, and I turn off the water, its growth status will change to halted.  Following your logic, I should still be able to harvest it, but I can't.  My duplicants will ignore the harvest directive, but will continue to otherwise tend to it forever, wasting tons of resources in the process.  This is a bug.  Plain and simple.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment