Glum critter not groomed

Silent Pony
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Some hatches become glum, but the corresponding grooming station has no grooming job. Instead, 'No critters available' is written in its errands. There is a similar bug report, but that one is on "Preview Branch". I think mine is on the live branch (not sure how to check).

bugged_hatch.png

Steps to Reproduce

Not sure what causes the bug exactly. In the provided save file it is enough to wait a few cycles (about 6) and some hatch will become bugged. All mods were disabled before testing the save file.

TEST HATCH GLUM.sav

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

same here can confirm this, only thing that solved it for me is playing at 1x speed... but that's horribly slow for late game, although it solves the issues of starving and glum critters (when you have enough food and ranchers to groom them)

Share this comment

Can confirm. Rancher duplicants just ignore the grooming station and idle instead after 2-4 cycles. I don't know what exactly causes this either but it's occurring for me right now.

Share this comment

Can we please have this fixed?

I have 8 hatch ranches and some of the hatches are not groomed in time instead I see "no critters available", ruins my gameplay

Share this comment

Seems like I found a workaround! Connect your grooming station to a timer set to 590 green, 10 red. When station gets disabled and then reenabled it seems to reevaluate all available critters, it happens once every cycle.

I will report if I see this issue again after a workaround.

Edit: didn't help :( turns out it was just a coincidence

Edited by sfireman

Share this comment

Can confirm this, after a while all my farms ceased to work due this.

Build AP-420700

Reloading doesn't help. Enabling-Disabling the grooming station doesn't help. Found no workaround. 

Share this comment

I seemed to have 'solved' this issue by removing one grooming station and adding it back again. at least for this cycle - the groomer is grooming away

Share this comment

Same story here, quit playing Oxygen Not Included due to this bug... :(

Totally breaks my playstyle, are devs even alive in this game??? Bug been opened for more than a year and NOBODY cares!?!

Edited by sfireman

Share this comment