Germ Half life not calculating correctly.

Xadhoom
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Known Issue

i think there must be something wrong with germ half lives.

in very cold temperature, all germs have 100% dead per cycle. but in PO2, it says 300% growth, i think the 100% dead should still kill of germs in PO2, but it don't, it stays fairly stable even at -180 degrees or less. only once it becomes liquid O2 does it start to die of. the tool tip states a half life of 11s, but they ain't decreasing.

check my hydrogen bubler setup where the germs wont die until they enter liquid state.

Galactic Dwelling.sav

Steps to Reproduce
put germs in low temp Polluted oxygen. they wont die of, at least not as quick as too tip says they should.

User Feedback

Odd, I've seen morbs in ice biomes with no germs around them, so under certain conditions cold must be capable of killing them, even in polluted oxygen.

Share this comment

yeah germ halflifes do act a bit weird, i was watching a stream yesterday where germs over 1 million on a object in chlorine would die really slowly until it dropped below 1million then they would quickly die. something definitely seems off with the calculations

Share this comment

i think the problem has something to do with accelerated time. if i change to normal speed, it seems to reduce as it should, but not at accelerated. it ticks faster with accelerated speed, but the actual change rate in real time is the same, regardless if i do accelerated game speed or normal speed.

Share this comment

I just registered (love the game) to add some observations regarding how germs on newly dug slime behave in chlorine:

Mining a slime tile with 1,5 million germs so it falls into chlorine (2k pressure) cause the number of germs to rapidly decrease to just above 1 million and then stop there.

If the piece of slime is then moved by sweeping it to a container situated in chlorine the reduction in germs kicks off again, this time stopping at 99 germs.

Now moving the slime to another container passing 3 ore scrubbers will reduce the amount of germs further BUT still not completely cleaning the slime.

Sometimes sweeping the slime to a container does not restart the reduction in germs but dropping it out of the container will once again start the reduction.

This amount of micromanagement is a bit too much imho, coupled with the fact that 3 ore scrubbers is not reliably cleaning slime with just 99 germs makes mining slime biomes a hassle.

Share this comment