Gassy Moo Udderly Full But Unable to be Milked

lhutson
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I'm regularly having gassy moos get "stuck" at a specific tile in my ranch. (In the attached screenshots, it's the tile immediately to the left of the glass tiles supporting the milking station.) They will not move, eat, or be milked. The milking station doesn't recognize these moos as being "udderly full."

I've replaced everything around the tile in question. (Originally, that space was occupied by a glass tile. When I'd replace it with drywall, the affected moos would once again move around...only to get stuck later on the same tile.) When the space is drywall, replacing it doesn't change the moos' status.

Screenshot 2023-08-24 232246.png

Screenshot 2023-08-24 232324.png

Screenshot 2023-08-24 232349.png

Steps to Reproduce

Unable to identify how to reproduce this issue.

• Like 1

User Feedback

perhaps the problem is related to some nuance of the width of the milk station and the cow.
see details here

Share this comment

Gassy moos usually need 1 free tile to the right for certain "operations", as seen in the not ranchable post above... This also includes the ability to eat gas grass. "Show navigation" will help see where they can go.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Thanks for the prompt replies! I've modified my design to account for this. Also, thanks for the "show navigation" tip!

Share this comment

Sadly, I have to report that modifying the layout so there's one space to the right of the milking station didn't resolve the issue. I once again have moos who are "udderly full" getting stuck next to the station. Clicking on "show navigation" reveals they have no place to go. Replacing the leftmost glass tile under the milking station "frees" the moo, but they get stuck again once the glass tile is restored.

Screenshot 2023-08-26 045856.png

Edited by lhutson
Missing observation about glass tile
  • Wavey 1

Share this comment

An oddity indeed, how do dupes access the milking station?

Have you also tried swapping the grooming and milking stations? I just give the moos as much space to the right as possible... image.thumb.png.714259eab0a08d9af252e1eb55f27ec6.png

Share this comment

The dupes access the milking station by two plastic ladders above the auto-sweeper.

I swapped the grooming and milking stations today. The first time I did, I simply switched the location of the two stations (leaving the critter drop-off where it was). The moos did the same thing for the grooming station--one of them gets "stuck" at exactly the same spot when they're "glum." Removing the leftmost glass tile under the grooming station frees them, for a while. I then swapped the location of the grooming station and the critter drop-off. This time, none of the moos were able to be groomed (there was no space to the right of the grooming station).

Not sure what the issue is, but moos definitely don't seem to like stations close to the left edge either. Well, just the first one...when one moo gets stuck, the others can still access the station normally.

Seems like a legitimate bug to me.

Screenshot 2023-08-27 154811.png

Screenshot 2023-08-27 205619.png

• Like 1

Share this comment

When I was trying to create a Wild farm I noticed the same behaviour and gave a Bug report.

Atm, if your farm room is not a square box with flat floor, they will eventually entomb themselves on any corner they find. The only solution is to go box or wait for a behavior fix, sorry bud.

Share this comment

AliBob, thanks for the confirmation. My report was also submitted as a bug report, so hopefully we've given Klei enough information to figure out what's going on and fix it!

Share this comment

Sadly, it just took longer for the moos to get stuck again. The problem remains.

Edited by lhutson

Share this comment

I have the exact same issue, they regularly get stuck on the left edge (I can't remember seeing any get stuck on the right edge below). I planned the stables in a way to utilize the natural sunlight fully and to optimize dupe walking distances. In the picture below we can see, that if I toggle "Show Navigation" the moo really is stuck and can go nowhere, even though its square of interest looks fine as can be seen by the wrangling animation.
image.thumb.png.b6e3410fb436c4e1e8f1a376472f08a4.png

This also only seems to happen while the moos are not on the screen, so when I'm doing something on another planet and come back to take a look the moos are stuck. But when I keep the farm on screen and afk they dont seem to get stuck.

Edited by gerrybosvark
Added more context.

Share this comment