Electric branches have wrong load

jnkweaver
  • Pending

The newest release (released today) build 210320 with the new heavy wire.  Electrical loads in branches are being incorrectly computed.  Pictured is a heavy wire main with two branches that show the load as one. You can see that 5 bio distillers should be 600 watts not 1.6KW

screenshot.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Normal game play.

User Feedback

3 hours ago, Blas88 said:

I think you have 10 bio distiller on the same circuit. (and something else offscreen)

then why is the overload showing on the other lines? main line in is stable the lines with less than 2k show strain

Share this comment

Indeed I have other things offscreen but that display is just on the one branch line with 5 bio distillers on it. Each distiller is 120W for what should be 600W on each branch line.  Instead the branch line is showing the load for everything on the circuit.  Not how it should work.  I have another game started and one pump coming off the main line and it is showing over 1.6KW when a liquid pump is the only thing on the branch.  Basically the new electrical load system does not work correctly.

Share this comment

There is no flow whatsoever with power lines. Everything on the circuit gets the same wattage.
Kinda defeats the purpose of upgrading the wires since you have to track down every single one and replace them.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, Risu said:

There is no flow whatsoever with power lines. Everything on the circuit gets the same wattage.
Kinda defeats the purpose of upgrading the wires since you have to track down every single one and replace them.

Exactly.  Good thing electricity isn't really like that or all our houses would have to be 1,000 amps.

Share this comment