Duplicates not showering

Austern
  • Pending

My Duplicates do not shower to completion.

The shower is hooked up properly, takes in fresh water and expells waste, but the duplicates will only go in for seconds at a time, advance the progress bar about 1/8 and then leave again, retaining the "grime" and "dirty hands" debuff. Have this issue on every savegame.

Lavaratory is working fine.

Steps to Reproduce
Build, hook up shower.

User Feedback

Additional info:

-shower doesn't work regardless of it is hooked up to a water purifier or vent

-When the shower is in use and hovered over it show "not pumping, seems that it is not recieving water packaged properly.

Share this comment

Certainly.

I have since found out a way to resolve this and i think i know what causes the issue: If the water pump is below the shower, it doesn't work.

Which I assume is a bug, since i live on the second floor and my shower works fine ;)

If it is a feature it should be mentioned somewhere.

Please give my best to the team, nice game you guys built there :)

The Not-So Serene Fortress.sav

Share this comment

I have this issue too, was wondering if it was because they couldn't breath because hydrogen is around my showers. I have 2 showers right next to each other and they'll use one for 2 seconds then use the other then give up.

Edited by Qwiggalo

Share this comment

I am also having the same problem.  I tried the method mentioned above where I had the shower below the purifier - and it worked for about 2 showers - but then it started the 2 second rule again.

EDIT:  Added picture.  That Dupe is literally skipping away from the shower.  You can see his progress bar, and his stats still show he needs to keep showering.  But, he'd rather run off and talk about the decor.  :-/  Also added a picture showing location of water, purifier, and shower in relation to each other.  I had previously had the shower next to the lavatories that were on the floor above the beds.

20170227194026_1.jpg

20170227194237_1.jpg

Edited by CupcakesNZombies
Add picture, more explination and fix a few spelling errors - its late...

Share this comment

I have the exact same problem, tried many workarounds, like each shower having its own pump but it doesnt solve it. Dupes shower for a second, then the shower says "not pumping", and they switch showers, and then it stops pumping again and so on, which is weird since the air scrubber uses the same amount of water per second, and it never stops pumping.

Here's my save file, if needed.

The Not-So Delicate Crater.sav

Share this comment

If the shower writes "empty pipe" then it doesnt get enough incoming water and thats why it doesnt work. (need a steady flow of water with liquid valve or a 10kg blob waiting at inlet)

If the shower writes "not pumping" then it can pump out the contaminated water. In the save file and the above pictures you used pipes with cross sections. Every cross section halves the right so send out blob even if the pipe is empty. (Either you have to use single line outlet pipe into a vent or purifier, or use liquid valves to maintain the outlet pressure)

Share this comment