Dupes Won't Remove Underwater Airlock Door Which Happens to be Destroying Water

strawberrygirl
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

This problem also happened to me in the past (like 6 months ago way before the major update). I have a waterlock and I put an airlock door in there as a back up in case the water is gone. But then I asked them to remove the door.  At first one of the dupes started to work on the door, then bed time came. They abandoned the door. The progress bar for removal was halfway done. After that they wouldn't touch it. Even with it at priority 9 and nothing else at 9. Also asked them to set the door to open. They wouldn't do that either. A game restart didn't fix it either.

The reason I wanted the door removed is because I notice every time they go past it, a major amount of water disappears. The level just drops very noticeably.

I believe the door also destroys air, and does frequently allow it to escape. Is this intentional? 

Desktop 09.04.2017 - 03.14.34.02.png

Steps to Reproduce
Put airlock door underwater. Then try to have it deleted or set to open.

User Feedback

Whenever you have a bug that happens even after restarting the game you should upload your save files so the devs can look at it.

Share this comment

I know it's been a few days since you posted this, but check all the surrounding doors for permissions to make sure it's accessible - try telling them to open it - if it's not responding to any sort of action, try canceling the deconstruction and connect a singe wire section to it ( this might cause a state transition behind the scenes ) and maybe allow you to deconstruct it then. just a thought.

The deleting of water is another issue all altogether.

Share this comment

20 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

I know it's been a few days since you posted this, but check all the surrounding doors for permissions to make sure it's accessible - try telling them to open it - if it's not responding to any sort of action, try canceling the deconstruction and connect a singe wire section to it ( this might cause a state transition behind the scenes ) and maybe allow you to deconstruct it then. just a thought.

The deleting of water is another issue all altogether.

The door was in fact accessible. The dupe I had assigned to it, would go right past the door i wanted him to destruct (and used that very door in the process).  At one point i cancelled the deconstruct and then re-ordered it. Also tried open and close switching.  I have since already just loaded a prior game to get past it because the game was unplayable for me at that point. 

Share this comment