dupes just decide to wait for death

donutman07
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

Some of my dupes are now just sitting and waiting to die.  They have jobs they could do, they're really hungry and have food they can reach, but they are just standing there.  Teleport and move to commands do not rouse them.

image.thumb.png.58c6cf666d4b925455b39ea2326d9712.png

test.sav

Steps to Reproduce
honestly not sure

User Feedback

I'm experiencing the same problem. In my case, it usually happens after around 30-60mins of playing the game. Sometimes it happens sooner when I order them to do stuff. Reloading the save or restarting the game fixes it, though that bug returns.

Share this comment

@donutman07 try turning off pagefile, i think the problem being experienced as a bug that will have klei wracking their brains is page file, dupes et all getting shoved off onto the hard drive instead of being held in active ram.  You reload it reloads them into ram.

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment

this bug has unfortunately made my game unplayable. it just keeps coming back eventually.  I have plenty of memory available, about 6GB of 16GB used while the game is in this state.  @Kabrute how to turn off pagefile for this game specifically? Seems like it shouldnt be writing to the harddrive during the game anyways with 10GB of RAM still available

Share this comment

It will always write to the harddrive and with 16 gb available you should never need to have it on, shut it off on my desktop 5 months ago, haven't had a problem since, even plays fallout 4 :) Open file explorer:  Right click This PC :  Left Click Properties:  left click advanced system settings: Select tab Advanced :Button-> Performance Settings select tab Advanced (Again) click button Change image.thumb.png.96be1af070f24ea8a78d956446483389.png

Uncheck the top box, then select the third bubble click ok.  Computer will say it has to restart (Always has to restart to shrink or remove page file, not expand it) I used to do this once every couple months when I went to defrag but I found out that  page file just eats hard drives now for no reason :( It mattered back when there wasn't enough Ram to run everything but now, its just another outdated way to help enforce planned obsolescence.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Well I did this but my dupes still stop working, getting stuck in animation and sleep in way past half a cycle not getting food to the point of starving to death etc.

Share this comment