Dupes do not use Ore Scrubber anymore

Dracian
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

Hey there.

Unless I missed something or unless Ore Scrubber's mechanic has changed, it seems Dupes do not use them anymore when carrying contaminated materials (tested with fungal spore, slime and clay).

Thanks in advance.

Dracian1.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Load the attached save file (Dracian1.sav). Ore Scrubbers are located at the bottom of the base. Everything is already prepared : a Duplicant will plant a Fungal Spore in the farm tiles right of the Scrubbers and another one will fertilize it with slime. Both will have to cross the way of some Scrubbers (loaded with Chlorine) but none will use them.

User Feedback

They do,

use this layout. this worked for me.

20180420164958_1.jpg

Dracian2.sav

Ps:

Loaded beck your original save.

After the drums have fully loaded with chlorine, the use it properly, put the Fungal Spore in, or other stuffs.

Edited by Ironcat84

Share this comment

Mmmm... Interesting. I'll let devs check if this is working as intended or not.

Thanks for the explanation, though :)

Share this comment

I was having issues with this as well. I'm pretty sure they ignore the scrubbers which have a Pipe Empty warning, even if the scrubber is already full of chlorine. This happened for me when my chlorine supply became completely vacuum. Resupplying the line with more chlorine made the dups start using them again.

Seems like a bug.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Known Issue

Changed Redmine to https://redmine.klei.com/issues/3465

If it seemed that it should have worked but didn't, that's bad. We'll look in to this and see how it can be improved.

Share this comment

The problem happens when the "pipe empty" message appears on the ore scrubber despite being full of Cl. You can fix by deconstructing and rebuilding.

Share this comment