Dupes breathe but do not consume Polluted Oxygen

The Flying Fox
  • Branch: Live Branch Known Issue

So, I was messing in debug mode today trying to discover the mechanics of how Polluted water out-gases to Polluted  oxygen which lead me to try and build a simple Polluted oxygen generator.  But, I noticed something.  My Dupe was apparently breathing, but not consuming the Polluted Oxygen.  To test, I built two separated rooms;  One filled with Polluted oxygen, and one regular Oxygen.  

Teleporting the Dupe into the Oxygen filled room gave the expected result of the air pressure going down as he consumed the Oxygen.  Teleporting the Dupe into the Polluted oxygen room resulted in the Dupe still able to breathe, but not consuming it and the pressure stayed stable.

20170618161435_1.jpg20170618162307_1.jpg

Loveliest Lab.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Teleport Dupe into Oxygen room, air pressure goes down. Teleport Dupe into Polluted Oxygen room, air pressure stays the same.

User Feedback

Would appear to be a bug. The game explicitly tells the simulator to consume the Oxygen element,
but with no callback the game assumes it succeeded. It only checks if the air is breathable, then consumes oxygen.

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Risu said:

It only checks if the air is breathable, then consumes oxygen.

Let me guess: Polluted Oxygen is breathable but isn't 'Oxygen'?

Share this comment

59 minutes ago, Masterpintsman said:

Let me guess: Polluted Oxygen is breathable but isn't 'Oxygen'?

They both have the Breathable tag but are different hashes yes.

Need to change the hardcode to getting the element at the cell instead.
Don't need to do any additional checks, they are already being done.

Share this comment

@Cheerio while at it, could you please fix the constant 'Insufficient oxygen creation' warnings?
My guess is they stem from the duplicants breathing polluted oxygen while the report only factors in clean oxygen generation, so possibly only counting breathed clean oxygen for the warning should silence it (unless it's really warranted).

Share this comment