Dublicants not researching water not delivered to Super Computer -SOLVED

Cattrina
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

ISSUE SOLVED I had an automation line inactive (I forgot I had a line there) my bad, sorry

Here is the case history so you may bask in my stupidity XD:

---------------------------------

After 5th tier research, doing catalytics, the dupes stop delivering water to the super computer. I have plenty water available and it is in not too hot, oxygen filled area. Both water source and the machine. Also dupe stress is at 51%

They do research on the smaller machine, but not on the super computer. I have gofers, couriers and ground keepers to do supply and research. And naturally my tenured scientists.

EDIT 4th February see last two pics. I built a new super computer to a location next to the water source and it seems to work now. Earlier rebuilding in the same location did not help. Not sure if the warmth was the issue? My tenured scientists were wearing warm suits, apparently they are too posh to science XD

heat.png

oxygen.png

priorities.png

dupe job priorities.png

solution.png

warmth.png

Steps to Reproduce
I was an idiot and forgot I had made an automation link to the SC, like always also this time the issue was between the game and the chair sorry

User Feedback

The solution is in your last screenshot.

Your scientists (i assume they have the trait to operate super computers?), are currently gofers and groundkeepers. 

Now to conditions apply at the same time, preventing them to research:

1. you set supply to equal priority as research. 

2. the job they are doing currently.

Job priority always overrides task priority, if set to equal.  A gofer will always move things around, it he can, and not forced to do otherwise. 

In your scenario, they would do research only, if there is nothing to carry around, clean, store... in other words, almost never.

The solution is simple, lower the priority for supply, and keep research at max priority. This should work.

Share this comment

They are Tenured Scientists and they currently do only research and care (no sick people). I built a new super comp next to water source, where it is warmer. Now they do research and deliver water to it. Either my first SC location became too cold for my high-moraled scientist or the old SC was glitched. Apparently rebuilding it w/o reloading the game first in the same spot did not clear the glitch

solution.png

I did an experiment, I rose the temp to yellow... STILL they prefer the SC downstairs

tempstart.png

temp end.png

OHMYGOD!!! I FOUND THE ISSUE!!!!

Tried to do glitch-test, deconstruct and rebuild after a reload, then I found this:  OMG I AM AN IDIOT did not remember at some point I was planning conserving some energy with automation *facepalm*

Image5.png

Image6.png

Edited by Cattrina

Share this comment

34 minutes ago, Cattrina said:

solution.png

The pitcher pump takes issue with mixed liquids, I imagine this may have been the cause - this is a known issue, I'm guessing you mopped that little bit out and everything went back to normal?

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

The pitcher pump takes issue with mixed liquids, I imagine this may have been the cause - this is a known issue, I'm guessing you mopped that little bit out and everything went back to normal?

No, that mop is unreachable. I had an automation line inactive, my bad  had forgotten the line existed. Geez this game is complex!

Edited by Cattrina

Share this comment

Just now, Cattrina said:

No, that mop is unreachable. I had an automation line inactive, my bad  had forgotten the line existed. Geez this game is complex!

Aye, fair warning - mixed liquids can cause hitching at the pump - so if you encounter an issue with it - it's a known issue. I've accidentally disabled buildings like that - can be hard to spot a single tile of unconnected automation line on a building port even in the overlay. Luckily it turns red when there's an off signal on the port. :D

• Like 1

Share this comment

Just now, The Plum Gate said:

Aye, fair warning - mixed liquids can cause hitching at the pump - so if you encounter an issue with it - it's a known issue. I've accidentally disabled buildings like that - can be hard to spot a single tile of unconnected automation line on a building port even in the overlay. Luckily it turns red when there's an off signal on the port. :D

Yeah, no kidding XD thanks for the heads up

• Like 1

Share this comment