Doors delete them self? - sometimes crashes game

SkunkMaster
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Playing on a map with -200c temps, seems solid co2 created near or where the door is deletes the door without a trace. - mech and manual airlock alike.

This sometimes causes crashes, sometimes not.

Titanium.sav

Steps to Reproduce
let the door be build

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Oh sorry, forgot about that one. I will should it crash again.

also follow up, it seems any kind of state change inside doors deletes the doors, not just solid state change.

Share this comment

I have also experienced this issue on the preview/testing branch. I have created a minimal test case which exhibits this bug, which I have attached to this comment. All it involves is automation to open and close the door, and carbon dioxide being exposed to a cold environment and freezing.

Door Deletion Minimal Test Case.sav

• Like 1

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

@SkunkMaster the door melting bug should be fixed. Unfortunately I was unable to reproduce your crash, please open a new bug with the log attached if you're able to.

@werecat Thanks for the great test case, it quickly helped me track down the bug.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

The door-vanish>crash bug is an old one. It happens once every 10.000 removed doors for no real reason. I´ve had it a few times myself and never found a reason.

• Sad 1

Share this comment