Disappearing tiles

sakura_sk
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Somewhere between autosaves a couple of tiles desided to disappear and dupes could move through them.

Capture.JPG.0fb659f9b2f76fff4e61aef7ca336fa8.JPG

In cycle 463 everything seem normal. In cycle 464 it is obvious that some oxygen escaped but reloading the autosave fixed the error. By cycle 469 I realised that something is wrong and there was a tile that dupes could walk though it to the other area. For some reason the tiles that are not really there, are glowing in the capture. Reloading the save file fixes the tiles
(troubled area a little above camera view 1)

Hip 450 Cycle 463_.sav

Hip 450 Cycle 464_.sav

Capture1.JPG

Through the wall.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Failed to reproduce. Perhaps deodorizers that work too much eat tiles..?

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I think I know how this happend. This seems to happen if a gas is released into a tile. For example, you can use the debug mode tools to put some oxygen into a tile and it just looks like above. The tile will be completly ignored. Everything will go through it, even dupes.

I see that this happend directly above your deodorizers. Maybe it's a save/load bug when the deodorizer tries to output his oxygen in the tile above it:

Share this comment

I see that this happend directly above your deodorizers. Maybe it's a save/load bug when the deodorizer tries to output his oxygen in the tile above it

It seems that's the reason.. It randomly happens when autosaving in my colony T_T If you cannot put a deodorizer that high, then how are you supposed to get rid of PO2 that is stuck at the top?
Perhaps it is not random and it is at the point of clay extraction? But it did not happen when I played the autosaved cycles again. It seems like it happens after 10 or so autosaves if the deodorizer runs constantly, but I'm not sure

Edited by sakura_sk

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

7 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

It seems that's the reason.. It randomly happens when autosaving in my colony T_T If you cannot put a deodorizer that high, then how are you supposed to get rid of PO2 that is stuck at the top?

Bug should be fixed in the next update, but a side note, the deodorizer has a short radius of a couple of tiles around itself, so it doesn't need to be directly below the ceiling in order to clear air "at the top".

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Would adding a small range indicator to the deodorizer (like the range indicator of auto-sweepers) help clarify their behaviour?

Share this comment