Dirt appears out of nowhere and expands over buildings

caittorr
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

All of a sudden I got a notification that my buildings were entombed. I found this vertical line of solid dirt that was actively expanding upwards. It was three tiles wide and went up to the top edge of the map. I loaded back to an earlier save to before this started happening, but it happened again at the same cycle and location. Here is a screenshot of the line of dirt. I tried having my dupes dig it out but it kept reappearing immediately. Also tried reloading the game entirely.

image.thumb.png.d0ee8cf72dd678074c12d618ce75a49f.png

Steps to Reproduce

I have attached my save game file and DXDiag.

User Feedback

You are boiling algae inside a tile. Algae to dirt conversion creates a tile like any solid to solid conversion (e.g. coal to refined carbon). The new dirt tile has nowhere to spawn so it just started forming tiles to the next empty cell vertically. If you didn't notice, all of your vertical dirt tiles is 20kg each.

image.thumb.png.5a6744d46f70c529f03021e4d407135a.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

I don't know why you're dragging these algae on a conveyor belt through this hot spot. but they turn into dirt when they reach 125C

457140_20220820115637_1.png

• Like 1

Share this comment

9 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

You are boiling algae inside a tile. Algae to dirt conversion creates a tile like any solid to solid conversion (e.g. coal to refined carbon). The new dirt tile has nowhere to spawn so it just started forming tiles to the next empty cell vertically. If you didn't notice, all of your vertical dirt tiles is 20kg each.

image.thumb.png.5a6744d46f70c529f03021e4d407135a.png

I didn't realize algae turned to dirt. I did a bit of investigating into this idea as a possibility but couldn't figure out what was causing it to happen. Thanks so much!

9 hours ago, Sanchozz said:

I don't know why you're dragging these algae on a conveyor belt through this hot spot. but they turn into dirt when they reach 125C

457140_20220820115637_1.png

Ehhh it's a work in progress. I hadn't quite gotten the cooling loop ready when my dupes started picking up really hot materials. Thanks for the info!

Share this comment