Decor 20+ items not being recognized for great hall

selereth
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

I am trying to establish a great hall and am unable to do so as the game is failing to recognize the presence of multiple briar plants in a great hall setup. Picture below for clarity.

20190629182750_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Never mind, just learned that potted plants don't count towards decor anymore. Please disregard this post.

User Feedback

Was just coming to report the same thing. Great Hall is no longer achieved with the stated requirements. Mess Hall still works, but I can't convince the room to upgrade.

Share this comment

30 minutes ago, Weyred said:

Was just coming to report the same thing. Great Hall is no longer achieved with the stated requirements. Mess Hall still works, but I can't convince the room to upgrade.

It turns out that potted plants no longer contribute to decor rating, you have to use statues/paintings in order for the decor rating to apply. 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Then there is still a bug or polish issue. I've been around a bit and gave myself a break to test with fresh/newbie eyes.

The mouseover for the room type doesn't say this.

Mouseover for the plant in a hanging pot says it gives more than enough "decor". I used a Briar plant.

Internal game description says Mirth mentions "morale" (and page under construction) and Briar mentions only "decor" (page also under constuction). So I also tried stuffing the room with Mirth plants, which did not work.

Why? The tooltip for the Great Room (and a couple of others) lists Morale in the bullet list with the requirements. Maybe that is what it gives, but visually it looks like another bullet point requirement. So I tried that!

I can't train my next skill points now, and if this were late at night and I were really new, I might have table-flipped and left game. It was just late at night so I came and found this report.

I'm on the old-type asteroid that says very survivable (drowning in water and dirt). So, of course, I'm doing mealwood, and having to move and store water to get out to the other biomes (nice problem I suppose). But this also means I'm fairly dependent on the hall upgrade as opposed to a food one for the next morale bump. Unless all those plants can fill that gap (page under construction). So there is a newbie trap here.

With all that water and dirt, yeah, I'll be fine. Making kitchen as I head for more food types, as my artist is now stuck with not enough points and no way to support more points. So while I "played differently" than planned (a goal of update), the progression flow got blocked - on the newbie start. Which is not ideal.

IMHO part: the plant change is bad. It makes them less useful. In an update that includes parks, it goes against people that want a more "natural" feel. So wild plants, potted for decor, animals for machinery etc. And it is just confusing, it is either a decor item or it isn't. The complicated secondary rules to add challenge (except on Tuesday, or if planted facing west make as much sense as current) are more just annoying than additive. Decor and morale are also tightly linked to dupe progression, and core in unlocking many game play loops. Dupe progression is also recently recovering from flux. Balancing this decor change with the intended challenge and progression of the asteroids (nice! but no time!) may be more of a trap than an addition.

Share this comment

Came to report the same issue.  Clarification on this detail would be nice some how in the descriptions for the room, if the potted plants aren't supposed to work.

Share this comment