Deconstruct crash

Ades
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: OSX Fixed

I'm using Mac osx, in the preview branch, whenever i deconstruct any building the game crashes

Steps to Reproduce
it happened in loaded games, i tried it again, it happens when i deconstruct a door or a manual generator.. i don't know if there's something else. And i didn't start a new game

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I am also having a deconstruct bug, with the new release AT-240903. Seems to be new.  I saw it when deconstructing an Liquid Pump. Several crashes submitted through steam.

Share this comment

The game crashes every time something with an automation input is deconstructed. (pumps, doors, shutoff valves)
The lasts things in output_log.txt is:

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at LogicPorts.DestroyPhysicalPorts () [0x00083] in D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\LogicCircuitManager.cs:314 
  at LogicPorts.OnCleanUp () [0x0003a] in D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\LogicCircuitManager.cs:181 
  at KMonoBehaviour.OnDestroy () [0x00050] in D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\KMonoBehaviour.cs:128 

Maybe it's related to this:

4 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Deconstructed sensors no longer leave a phantom "on" signal.

Share this comment

Ahh yep. The inputPorts array contains LogicEventHandler, not LogicEventSender like outputPorts does.
It's trying to cast the interface ILogicUIElement to ILogicEventSender for both arrays instead of ILogicEventReceiver for inputPorts.

So it's a copy paste bug.

Here's a patched dll for it if it gets annoying. Assembly-CSharp.zip

Edited by Risu
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

I can also confirm this on Windows and it seems to only occur when deconstructing items made of copper. I can deconstruct items made with any other material. Build 240903. 

Share this comment

Just now, Saturnus said:

And what am I supposed to do after downloading it?

Replace the file in SteamApps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\Managed

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Should be fixed as of 241066. Thanks!

It is not fixed at all. In fact 241066 made it worse as far as I can tell. The solution @Risu posted does fixed the issue however. You should implement that instead.

Edited by Saturnus

Share this comment