Debris being dropped/forced diagonally through tiles.

Lifegrow
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I know this is an old bug that never seems to have been resolved - however it's seemingly gotten worse.

Tonight on stream with some 40ish people watching, I was repeatedly trolled by this happening to a vacuum'ed room. We're not just talking the odd piece of crap either, in the end there was 7-8 different materials in the room - all of which had fallen through tiles. We also witnessed things falling "in" to tiles, and becoming buried and unsweepable. (this was clipped, however it has a lot of potty mouth in it - so delete if it breaks terms etc) :

The 2nd time we cleared the debris and resealed the room to be vacuumed - https://clips.twitch.tv/AgileHyperYogurtSwiftRage

The time a fungal spore trolled the central chamber - also in the process of being vacuumed - https://clips.twitch.tv/MushyNastyPrariedogEleGiggle 

I know this has been around for ages, but seriously - it needs to be fixed.

Cycle 488 - The room is a vacuum, lots of debris has fallen in - but no poop!

image.thumb.png.0c181b8dcd5760f93a8f76fed2929a18.png

Cycle 494 - Poop! And the vacuum is broken by sublimation.

image.thumb.png.a53b2e30f97ad6e194c502a9bcf686d6.png

The three chambers at the top of the pic are to be my gas storage rooms - CO2 on the left, chlorine in the middle and one day...maybe.... oxygen in the right most room. I've made the right most room a vacuum 3 times now, and each time I've meticulously swept, built myself out of the room, then vacuumed it to a vent outside with a pump. Pretty standard stuff. Sadly however due to the liquid lock above (top middle of the screen), I find myself frequently trolled by falling debris. As you can see - a lot of crap made it into the room, and somewhat literally, a nice steaming pile of polluted dirt actually fell in and ruined the vacuum also.

This bug has literally existed since the game was first released. Is there any way this can be looked at with some urgency?

For those of us who like to build closed, self regulating builds - this really f&*ks us over. It made me rage quit tonight. I've never rage quit playing ONI before.... I once killed 20 dupes in one stream.... This tops that in terms of frustration by quite some margin :D 

I can provide some auto saves below.

Please. If not for me, for the sake of my ever thinning face-palmed-beard - get this in the next hotfix notes as being fixed - i'll buy you all delicious cakes and treats if you do. x 

-Life.

Inbe4ragequit Cycle 488.sav

Inbe4ragequit Cycle 494.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Drop enough crap on a tile with a diagonal air gap below it. Play the game for a bit and it'll find it's way through.
  • Like 4

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
On 17/02/2018 at 1:28 PM, TehPlayer14 said:

I haven't seen this happen yet but the forcing out is a game behavior to prevent stuff getting stuck in tiles

It's happened since about march/april last year ;) 

Things regularly get stuck in tiles and can't be swept unless you dig them out - you just need to run a base for long enough.

Share this comment

This happens to me when i reload the game sometimes.

Uncollected debris will fall through tiles when reloading the game. even a double layer of tiles does not help.

Share this comment

The next hotfix should prevent the dupes from dropping objects inside tiles/through diagonals when they switch tasks as well as preventing falling objects from falling into/through tiles. Hopefully this fixes the issue you've been seeing.

Share this comment