Critter Feeder lists Drecko entries as checked and is uncheckable

ArunPrasath
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Critter feeder's storage shows as Automated storage capacity. Also, it lists Drecko entries as checked and is uncheckable.

image.png.cf8cd51823aab7473c493475113d6330.png

Steps to Reproduce
Construct Automated storage and see description of it

User Feedback

I have the same. v273433. Also categories in this item isn't comfortable to use cause critters eat much types of food. And there are many types of critters.

If it would be look like this - would be more comfortable:

• Hatches
    • Hatchling
      • Food
    • Sage hatche
      • Food

Share this comment

Seconding this, I can't change the type of food it's eating and it's not giving it food, my dreckos are dying out.

Share this comment

I believe this is intended. As far as I know, you cannot feed a drecko directly with any food but have to place them in an environment where they can eat from growing plants, like Mealwood, Balm Lily, or Pinchas. If you tame a drecko that doesn't have access to plants, it will starve (wild creatures doesn't starve).

Share this comment

UPD: If you saw any type of slicksters you would have same issue with feeder for slicksters like for dreckos. Even with those feeders that was already builded.

Share this comment

I have the same issue as OP, I do not believe it is intended that you must catch-and-release drecko's into the 'wild' to feed them, because taming them increases the output of resources from their scales, according to their tool tip.  There would be no reason to program Drecko's to be able to be groomed on a station, which does work, and to be come tame if they intended for you to release them to keep them alive. You cannot use a grooming station outside of a stable. Therefor you would have to wrangle the drecko from your 'wild' area with their food, drop them into the stable, wait for them to be groomed, wrangle them again, uncheck drecko from the stable critter drop off point, check drecko's on your 'wild' critter drop off point, and have them dropped off in order for your drecko's to be fed. I have tried this, and it works sometimes, but critter delivery falls to a gofer, not a rancher, and thus critters must wait until higher priority gofer jobs are done or the rancher must have supply as high priority, but they will do other gofer jobs of high priority first. This is fiddly business that more often than not leaves the drecko's starving to death, or wrangled in a corner for long periods of time. The way all other critters work plus the fact that they appear in the critter feeder, with their diet properly listed, leads me to believe this is a bug. 

Drecko feeder glitch.png

Share this comment

On 17.06.2018 at 1:57 PM, PetterSjoelund said:

If this is intended behavior, it really needs to be made clearer. As it stands, it certainly seems like a bug.

Prove it is intended?

Share this comment

I am also experiencing this issue with Development Build CU-275206 (Windows 10). I use no mods. I'm including a save file for reference. 

I agree that if this is intended, it needs to be clarified. It absolutely feels like a bug. 

The Future Facility.sav

Share this comment