Crash still not fixed

SchlauFuchs
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

This crash is related to a rocket finishing landing sequence. Please investigate. Provided save-game is about 5 secs away from crashing.

Astronaut-Stresstest-Camp.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Load the saved game and unpause it. watch.

User Feedback

This looks similar to the issue I had. But I can't really tell since the rocket is already landing when the save-game is loaded.

Share this comment

Hey SchlauFuchs,

It looks like you ran into a bug that has caused the astronaut in the rocket to become dissociated/invalid and when we try to pop him out the game crashes.

I've manually re-associated him to fix the issue as I'm not sure exactly how he got into that state but we've been working in that area and will hopefully iron out more of the bugs going forward.

For now, a fixed version of your saved game has been attached, if you do figure out a flow that causes the issue to happen consistently please let us know!

Astronaut-Stresstest-Camp.sav

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Thank you.

It might be that the game was 'corrupted' somewhere during the preview phase. I had assigned the astronaut to the rocket a long time before the rocket fuel was ready, and when I noticed I was not able to unassign him again, when selecting the command module, and he was also no longer listed in any list of dupes. Attempts to deconstruct the command module ended up with crashes as well, so I left him in there until the fuel was ready. 

Share this comment

I have the exact same bug in my current save.  I'm mostly certain it has to do with the command capsule somehow duplicating/not launching properly with the rest of the rocket, and when the rocket returns and tries to occupy the same space as the ghost version, the game instantly crashes.  It seems nearly guaranteed to happen if you save with a mission in progress, but I also am experiencing crashes anytime I try to start a new world, so my testing ability is extremely limited.
Radical Dump.sav

Share this comment