Conveyor thermo sensors no longer reliable

meekay
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: OSX Dupe

Conveyor Rail Thermo Sensors no longer trip reliably in the latest public testing build (506365). It can sometimes take several seconds for them to flip on or off, which means if you've got it paired up with a Conveyor Shutoff to handle hot materials you can end up cooking your base. See attached screenshot and save file.

Any chance these were recently changed from the 1000ms to the 4000ms simulation loop?

Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 2.25.15 PM.png

The Plucky Cesspool.sav

Steps to Reproduce

Pair up a Conveyor Rail Thermo Sensor with a Conveyor Shutoff, and pipe through a mixture of hot and cold materials.

On this save file there's a pile of hot igneous rock waiting to be picked up at the shown location on Coldila. I was able to repro the issue multiple times in a row by setting the sensor to 65°C.

User Feedback

I'm not sure what's going on here but I can confirm it's not related to the changes in public testing. I loaded your save on the release branch and it exhibits the same behavior.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Any sensor located at the output of a bridge, doesn't work correctly. Sensors located at the input of a bridge work correctly .. sometimes. You need to have the thermo sensor in a "clear" rail segment for it to work correctly.

• Like 2

Share this comment

Changed Status to Dupe

I marked this one as duplicate and the other one as a known issue. 

• Like 2

Share this comment

3 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

There is also this bug report if it helps (I also remember there were several discussions but that needs a bit more digging to find in the archived posts)

I wrote something of sorts some time ago... Yeah, bridges and sensors are not a happy couple.

• Thanks 4

Share this comment