Connecting Thermo Regulators bug

Shade84
  • Pending

Hello,

when I tried to connect one Thermo Regulator to another one, the gas didn't want to go through, to another TR.

I tried to deconstruct the "faulty" pipe tile and install a new one, but it didn't help.

OxygenNotIncluded 2017-03-20 15-32-45-21.jpg

OxygenNotIncluded 2017-03-20 15-32-14-87.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Connect one Thermo Regulator to another and try to run gas through them.

User Feedback

I deconstructed all three TRs and builded them again. This time I have connected them slightly different and all is working fine now. So it might not be such a big deal. It looks like only the connection method matters.

OxygenNotIncluded 2017-03-20 16-22-14-14.jpg

OxygenNotIncluded 2017-03-20 16-22-08-74.jpg

Share this comment

I had also problems with gas vents not working for whatever reason: at times one tile somewhere in the middle seems to have bugged out, at other times it was the tile that connected to the output of a pump or filter - rebuilding the affected pipe/vent tile and the building fixed it.

I would suggest that the pipes/vent should work even with nothing connected to one end and simply push the liquid/gas along till full (= fill up) or -with only an output connected- till empty.

This would help visually locating issues with pipe/vent setups, as the material would traverse up to the point where it can't continue, be it an unselected filter, a building that has nothing connected to the output, a gap in the pipe, whatever.

Share this comment

It's weird, but when I loaded the save file and turned the power back on, the gas went through all TRs as it should, no need for different way of connecting etc.

Just in case, I'll upload the save file, but it seems pointless now.

Dreamland 1.sav

Share this comment

This bug still occurs sometimes in the game (build AT-242561). I experienced exactly the same as the OP: the bug happened in the attached save file but then was working fine when I reloaded the save.

Testbed031.sav

Share this comment