Can't complete "Ghosts of Gravitas" achievement

Ellilea
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

All other achievements work fine, but this one got me. I tried asking on the Discord not to post a silly issue, but folks also didn't know what's up.

I have uncovered all of the Gravitas ruins, clicked on every inspectable thing (unless I'm super blind, but I went over them several times, carefully), unlocked all Bioscan doors, inspected everything but the sofas in the big ruin up top, and still no achievement.

Either I'm still missing something or there's a bug. I'm attaching a savegame in case someone wants to click on stuff and see if they get the colony initiative for it. If I am, in fact, just missing something, I apologize (but what am I missing?!).

Gravitas.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Inspect stuff and nothing will (probably) happen.
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Same issue.  About to abandon a 1050 cycle base over it (100% achievement playthrough attempt).

Attached is my save at 1050 cycles where everything has been found, inspected, etc. (VII.sav)

Also is a save from this map at 238 cycles where plenty remains to be found (tried going back just to see if I could get it to trigger randomly). (238 JS.sav)

VIII.sav

238 JS.sav

EDIT: After pondering a bit further, I should note that I've been replaying this map since the launch update (you know, trying to eke more efficiency out of previous builds), and have yet to trigger this achievement at all (still haven't gotten it on Steam), so it's not specific to this playthrough.  Am wondering if it's something specific to this map, as in it simply did not spawn whatever magical POI triggers this achievement.

EDIT 2: I have since triggered this achievement by submitting a bioscan on a security door leading into a vacillator room on a fresh map.  However I am unable to trigger it on the vacillator room in my posted save despite 10+ reloads and attempts.  Perhaps it's not the 'right' vacillator room?

EDIT 3: It gets stranger... Load fresh map, go to sandbox/debug, clear path to untouched vacillator room, submit bioscan, achievement triggers.  Reload save to go back before enabling sandbox, start playing, 20 cycles later when I get to POI in survival, I can't get the achievement.  Have been able to replicate this 3 or 4 times now. (Steampunk MkI.sav)

Stranger yet.  Load really old save from 1050 cycle base (where I thought it was my map), as in, 3rd cycle... enable debug, make bee line to vacillator room... achievement triggers.  Have never been able to get it to trigger in regular playthroughs.

Current hypotheses are something about being in debug/sandbox mode (have gotten achievement to pop in both), or how long it takes to get to the POI (hard to tell which as it takes time to get to said POI in a normal playthrough), or some event happening along the way to clearing path to POI that disables triggering the achievement.

FINAL EDIT: Managed to get the achievement on the fresh seed (same seed, new dupes) I started on in regular survival by taking a digger to get through the granite right away and rushing to the POI by Cycle 9.  Immediately triggered upon submitting bioscan.  (SP1.sav)

Not quite sure what's going on here, but moving on with my life.

SP1.sav

Steampunk MkI.sav

AFTERWORD: Restarted the seed I've been replaying (VII.sav and 238 JS.sav), popped debug and went to the pincha pepper POI directly below the pod.  Triggered achievement.  So it's not just vacillator rooms.  Seems to be any bioscan door.  But I have to emphasize I have restarted this seed multiple times with 8 major playthroughs and have never gotten it through regular play before I started going down this rabbit hole yesterday.  Some fairly common event is happening that seems to disable getting this achievement.  Perhaps X number of dupes?  Y number of cycles?  Filling out a full row of the skill tree?  Research?  Who knows.

AFTERAFTERWORD: Ugh.  More weirdness.  Can not replicate triggering the achievement on pincha pepper POI door.

Edited by RedDeadEngineer
Additional comments
  • Like 1

Share this comment

I, too, got the achievement bum-rushing some random bioscan door on a brand new colony (cycle 2). So it seems to be a problem with older colonies, not the achievement itself.

Edited by Ellilea

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

Thanks for the report!
This was a bug in how the achievement was checked.

I posted a few details over here, but this has been fixed and will be in a future update.

• Thanks 3

Share this comment

This has not been fixed.  I've inspected everything and keep being told there is nothing new to learn, but still don't have ghost of gravitas.

• Sad 1

Share this comment