Cannot start game

jakdaxter31
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

When I try to start my ONI game it crashes every time right after the start up screen. When it crashes, it goes to the crash screen (help, a black hole ate my game!) for like a millisecond before automatically closing. I've restarted my computer, reinstalled the game, opened in administrator mode, and messed around with the boot.config file. None of it worked. What can I do?

DxDiag.txt

boot.config

Steps to Reproduce
Start the game?

User Feedback

14 hours ago, oni_addict said:

Hello, thanks for the report. Can you provide the output log file? That will be very helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Here it is

output_log.txt

13 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

You could temporarily disable your antivirus and test again.

Just tried that. Didn't work

Share this comment

@jakdaxter31 The problem seems to be that OneDrive is preventing access to those files or folders.

Generally, the solution for this issue is to fix the file permissions and ensuring that your Windows User Account has complete administrative permissions to read/write your hard drive, however, if OneDrive is the location where your save files are currently located, even if you are able to see the files in Windows Explorer or if your Windows user account has full administrative privileges, it may not mean that programs running under that user account have write access to those files.

Your best, next step is to rename the Klei folder to Klei.old and then try to run the game. This will try and recreate the required folders (possibly restoring permissions outside of OneDrive)

You can also disable OneDrive temporarily so that other, future folders that are created are outside OneDrive: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0

You may also have to contact Microsoft Support for assistance regarding the processes for file permissions (as well as technical support) for OneDrive: https://support.microsoft.com/en/contactus/

• Thanks 1

Share this comment