(Bug or Feature?) Duplicants will perform orders on the right most side of the asteroid on the left side of the asteroid.

oconzer
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

I've recently noticed that my duplicants will clear regolith from the left side of my map, but will do so from the right most side of my map. I'm not sure if this is intentional (and if so, why can't the dupes themselves move from right side to left side and vice versa?).

Right

2A3EE5ACE62E9E25BF0F4A801D837521DBF9811A

Left

FF1FE3A55ECA265F01966C263301BBA7B6C8985B

Steps to Reproduce

Have a task that can't be reached on the left (or right) most side of the map, while having the other side clear and watch dupes do the task from the right (or left) most side of the map.

User Feedback

Its neither. The map is a sphere, (or a cylinder...). Thats why the normal map is limited by neutronium borders. In space there are no borders. So, they can dig stuff on the one "end" while standing on the other. There is no end.

Imagine a flat map of the world, and imagine there would be an island , where the sphere is cut. You could pee at a tree on the right side of the map, while standing on the left end. 

Share this comment

14 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Its neither. The map is a sphere, (or a cylinder...). Thats why the normal map is limited by neutronium borders. In space there are no borders. So, they can dig stuff on the one "end" while standing on the other. There is no end.

Imagine a flat map of the world, and imagine there would be an island , where the sphere is cut. You could pee at a tree on the right side of the map, while standing on the left end. 

I get that the map may connect from left to right, but it seems a bit like a bug, as the dupes can't travel from the left to the right and vice versa.

Share this comment

On 6/17/2020 at 11:36 PM, oconzer said:

I get that the map may connect from left to right, but it seems a bit like a bug, as the dupes can't travel from the left to the right and vice versa.

Actually they could some time ago. I was wondering about whether that got fixed.

Share this comment