Bristle Blossom seed chance incorrect

Saturnus
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

The chance of seeds is stated as being 10%. From observations by several players we can safely say you made a coding error and it's actually 1%.

Update: Ultra low drop chance is observed with hydroponic tiles. Using planter boxes drop chance appears to be as stated.

Steps to Reproduce
Observe seed drop counts on a 10 bristle blossom plant farm to be 1 seed per 10 harvests on average

User Feedback

Let's see...

10 + (farming skill * 0.033) <= random number between 0 and 100 to get 1 seed from harvest.

Sounds right to me.

Share this comment

16 minutes ago, Risu said:

Let's see...

10 + (farming skill * 0.033) <= random number between 0 and 100 to get 1 seed from harvest.

Sounds right to me.

Please do an observation to confirm. It is definitely not anywhere close to 10%. Much closer to 1%.

I, and several other people have tested it in game, and bristle blossom seed drop is set incorrectly, The other plants function as they should, no problem there, only bristle blossom.

Share this comment

15 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

I, and several other people have tested it in game, and bristle blossom seed drop is set incorrectly, The other plants function as they should, no problem there, only bristle blossom.

There is no seed drop to set. Every plant is using the same code and it's all literals inside the code.

Share this comment

14 minutes ago, Risu said:

There is no seed drop to set. Every plant is using the same code and it's all literals inside the code.

Then why the massive observed discrepancy?

Test it yourself and see. There is something wrong with the coding no matter if you can find it or not because the random chance of long term observations by several people literally translates to a 10e-32ish chance of the discrepancy happening by chance alone.

Edited by Saturnus

Share this comment

I done some testing 

Made a farm plot of 156 plants

1 harvest none farmer 23 seeds

2 harvest farm hand 12 seeds

3 harvest farm hand 21 seeds

4 harvest Farmer 20 seeds

5 harvest Farmer 20 seeds

Share this comment

I've found the issue. I was using hydroponic tiles for the bristle blossoms. As soon as I switched to planter boxes seed drops increased.

So the issue is with the hydroponic tiles.

Share this comment

I've just encountered this issue in my game. It's hilariously broken how low the seed chance is using Bristleberries in Hydroponic Tiles. I've done at least three harvests now of 10 bristleberry plants with a master farmer, and only yielded one seed. There is a 10% drop chance base and my master farmer has farming 13 which affords a +43% seed chance. It's statistically extremely improbable for that to keep happening, so the more likely thing is that the code is janky. 

Share this comment