[AT-241465]Metal Refinery Liquid emissions get hotter and hotter

EnigmaG
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Pending

Liquid emissions become hotter and hotter regardless of the input
Occurs only since the update 241465

Steps to Reproduce
Metal Refinery Liquid 10°c permanent production of copper for example

User Feedback

it probably happens because the refinery keeps 0kg of the liquid you used, so if you added a 10ºC, and say it jumped to 108ºC after you refined some metal, after all the liquid of the output is gone, for some reason the machine keeps 0Kg of it inside itself. so next time you refine something, it will use that 108ºC temperature and continue heating up from there, (instead of using the 10ºC in the intake), and as you said, it gets hotter and hotter. The only "solution" I found is to empty the storage every time you refine something.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I can confirm this bug.You can see it pretty clearly with Iron processing (Oil coolant +70C every turn)

v241659

Edited by vsolar
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

i also have this problem, v 241659, if i empty the contents of the building it resets to normal temperature, but if i dont. that 0kg water on output will keep increasing in temp, 22 per time it runs.

Share this comment

Reverse is also true. Putting a liquid valve next to it with an throughput of 9999.9 causes the remaining liquid in the metal refinery to become the same temperature as the ambient environment very quickly, therefore outputting 400 kg of liquid which is the same temperature as the environment.

Share this comment

Can confirm this when using the Refinery built with Abyssalite and polluted water as coolant. The source coolant's temp seems to be ignored in favour of the "0kg" output that's not going anywhere. This might be tied to another thing when dupes run and pick up the output coolant manually (bottle it away) - i'm forbidding this by means of customized door roles. Opening generic access doesn't seem to trigger the carrying-away delivery when there's this lingering "0kg" item inside, though.

UP: AT-242561 ; attaching the save where the issue happens during usual play. Reloading a save changes the behaviour, though. STR: load it and just query copper ore smelted in the refinery at the center of the camera. A guy will come in and churn one batch - the coolant output will be generated with the same temp as input (sometimes it gets the heat okay, sometimes the heat blinks okay for a moment and then is reverted to the initial value). The more smelt iterations there are, the higher the chance is the thing would glitch. Again, the "0kg" object gets removed upon save+reload. Hope that helps.

BCK FMV.sav

Edited by ashein
add save & version.

Share this comment

But it's easy to fix. Place a liquid valve at the output and regulate the temperature, of the output liquid with it.
No more pipebursts :)
image.thumb.png.7ec8e101d2e6db71883d829f339be423.png :)

Share this comment