[AT-240508] Metal Refinery dropping Bottled Liquid

Nekobi
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Pending

I have a Metal Refinery inside a cold biome, running with sufficient power, and I'm using polluting water as the cooling liquid.

Each time a Dupe finishes the refinement (I'm making iron here), a lot of Bottled Polluted Water drops on the ground, instead of going in the output pipes... It is annoying as I want to use the output liquid directly, it's a waste of time to micro-manage the dropped bottle.

The dropped Bottle has really strange properties, I can't select it, Dupes don't want to sweep it, but the game consider it as it was here (in the temperature overlay, it still display the bottle with its corresponding color).

I also noticed that if I save the game, quit the save and reload the save (without exiting the game), the strange dropped Bottle disappear, and the Metal Refinery works as intended, until a Dupe finishes yet another metal batch.

One time I also saw a pipe broke near the output pipe, for no real reasons (the liquid didn't froze, the temperature was correct, the UI didn't inform me of anything in particular), but the pipes were a bit clogged (I don't know if pipe breaking due to clogging is a thing).

To finish, I want to say that it's said nowhere in the Metal Refinery's description that we can put any liquid in it, and that the output liquid is hotter. It should be specified, it's not very understandable the first time.

Screenshot_3.png

EDIT (7 November) : I noticed that the strange glitched Bottled Liquid is actually delivered by a Duplicant!

My Metal Refinery is high priority (7), the maximum I have, and the same as the Bottle Emptier for Polluted Water...

After some tests, I found that the bug still happened, there is a big loss in cooling liquid between the input and the output after the use.

Also, I want to say that the fact that Refineries won't work when the input pipes doesn't have any liquid (the machine displays "empty pipes"), even if there is enough cooling liquid inside it, is kind of annoying...

Steps to Reproduce
- Build a Metal Refinery, make it function with a lot of liquid. - When a batch of refined metal is made, the bug happens.

User Feedback

Can confirm. My Metal Refinery is doing the same thing and drops these weird water bottles upon each production. Only a part of the liquid is sent through the output pipe.

If my pipes break however, then it's because of the water becoming steam.

Share this comment

Yeah, part of the cooling liquid still goes in the pipe for me too.

I know that can happen, but the thing is, the polluted water was only at 50°C... I saw no Steam, and there was polluted water on the ground, but if steam condenses it can't liquefy into polluted water...

Yeah, part of the cooling liquid still goes in the pipe for me too.

I know that can happen, but the thing is, the polluted water was only at 50°C... I saw no Steam, and there was polluted water on the ground, but if steam condenses it can't liquefy into polluted water...

EDIT (7 Novemeber) : I updated the bug report as I discovered what seems to be the root of the glitch.

Edited by Nekobi

Share this comment

Still happening.
I use petroleum as a coolant and most of it gets bottled.

Edited by Alpe12

Share this comment

This is still the case - and I have the impression that the bottled water does not get less when picked up, so it becomes a source of polluted water.

Share this comment