Aquatuner activating before water packet reaches inlet

bummins
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have an Thermo Aquatuner setup with the output looping back to the input until a set temperature is reached <15c then redirect the output.

I noticed this was malfunctioning, whenever the power level reached 0 and some time later was re-enabled. This issue occurs also after a reload. The Behaviour is that when a water packet arrives at the water thermo sensor, One square to the right of the Aquatuner, the aquatuner turns on, shows the animation of it processing water, but nothing exits. the Water packet then takes another route.

In the attached file I have modified the loop so that two water packets now continuously loop around an outer loop, and the Aquatuner is permanently enabled via the automation wire. this issue is not due to the automation wire turning off periodically. 

I am able to correct the behaviour each time i break the outer loop so the water has no other direction to go but through the aquatuner, 

Update: having a single packet doesn't work but it will process the second and subsequent packets of water under some conditions. the root cause is the bypass after the inlet of the aquatuner. maybe this is just a limitation of the design and cannot be done this way.

aqua_bug.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Just load the simulation and watch the route of the two water packets around the Aquatuner

User Feedback

This is still an issue. It happens with constant power too. It always skips the first packet in a series.

Edited by Xuhybrid

Share this comment

Issue is still present in the current beta build of the game.

If a bypass is built into the Aquatuner's input loop, and a single packet of liquid is sent through the pipe. The aquatuner will activate before the liquid arrives in the pipe, thus sending the liquid through the bypass. So long as there are multiple packets of liquid, the second packet will be accepted by the aquatuner and function behaves as normal for subsequent packets. The first liquid packet always gets sent through the bypass.

Obviously, not having a bypass installed "fixes" the problem, but then you no longer have a (safety) bypass.

Edited by TheDeamon
correcting pump to aquatuner

Share this comment