64000 kg liquid in one square

ZoharContact
  • Pending

My carefully orchestrated contaminated water basin is ruined. I wish I could figure out photoshop easily enough to draw some freaking boxes, but I'll just have to illustrate with words.

In the picture below,  you can see the contaminated water pocket that I dug into (top). Thanks to the residue on the horizontal surfaces, you can see how much was there to begin with.

Clearly I had misjudged the pressure that volume of moving liquid would have on the sides of my artificial basin. The picture you see here was taken after I had made some feeble attempts at repairs, but at least you can see where the bottom of my designed basin was supposed to be.

Well, that giant volume of liquid (the biggest reservoir I had found yet) managed to compress itself under its own weight and now fills the space of one square, which I have selected.

max_density_exceeded.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
This is a first. I'll post a reply if I see it happen again... Hopefully my description will instruct someone with admin privileges as to how they can create these conditions again.

User Feedback

I'm guessing, but i'd say it's only technically in that one square, while it's actually trying to smash the tiles below it, but it can't display itself as being in those tiles until the tiles are completely destroyed.

Share this comment

This reminds me of another bug I found out a "long" time ago, but never reported it. I think the issue is with multiple "waterfalls", even if in this case there is just one of it.

I think what creates the hugely dense water tile is the presence of the water trapped on the left of the pump which is preventing the gas from escaping the zone, and thus water to expand. That's controversial.

Sorry for the loss of your basin tho, it's the thing i hate the most when it happens to me.

Share this comment