[297718] Food Poisoning dying off in polluted water and at normal temperatures

Hexicube
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

image.png.03d232ba2209edd0d37dd1971b5dd6af.png

As shown, FP germs are dying at a temperature that used to be very normal for them. Additionally, FP germs are dying in polluted water.

image.png.267f65d691d306d6e78599fa45e5888d.png

The menu claims that germs are growing, but the number is decreasing.

Steps to Reproduce

User Feedback

The number can be decreasing for other reasons: if the germs are spreading out to nearby less-germy squares, or if there are slimelung germs being added to the water somehow. Slimelung and food poisoning fight each other, so you can disinfect a polluted water reservoir by sending a lot of germy Algae Distiller output into it until it's all slimelung, then waiting for the slimelung to die. Strange but true.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

They always died above 40C.

They have a massive liveable range, with the top end being 100C. Dying from heat 60C below their stated max temperature looks like a bug.

Share this comment

9 hours ago, Hexicube said:

They have a massive liveable range, with the top end being 100C. Dying from heat 60C below their stated max temperature looks like a bug.

Livable range doesn't display it properly. It only means "germs in this range don't have -100% population per cycle".

Share this comment

No, but that's a huge discrepancy. It's closer to the low end than the high end and is dying due to too high a temperature.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Known Issue

Their upper growth range is indeed 40°C, with a total killoff temperature of 75°C I see that the Database is not showing this information, I'll see about getting it improved.

As for the second screenshot, it's hard to tell what's happening there without seeing the more context. If there's a spot in your game where it's happening reliably, please post the save file here and let me know where it is and I can take a closer look. But as others have mentioned, a nearby tile in which germs are dying, can cause a "flow" of germs away from the selected tile, even if the selected tile itself has positive germ growth.

Share this comment