Thimble Reed Harvest - no seed drop.

The Plum Gate
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Fixed

I've been patiently awaiting a seed drop from my thimble reed plants and none have fallen. I know there have been at least 86 harvests, the three seeds I do have were recently dug up.

Activities were in build 234177, these plants stifle frequently but a harvest comes due eventually. Information suggests a 33% chance of a seed drop. After nearly 100 harvests (used some fiber) I haven't seen a single seed drop.

20170925213851_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Plant thimble reed and irrigate, wait for harvest. Harvest. At least 1 in four should drop a seed, the chances are pretty good mathematically. I should have 20 or so by now.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Ahh yep. Thimble reed has "hidden" seed production, not "harvest" seed production that the 33% chance requires.
So it needs to be set to harvest to get more seeds. The UI thing is a bug either way as it's not checking the seed production type.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Risu said:

Ahh yep. Thimble reed has "hidden" seed production, not "harvest" seed production that the 33% chance requires.
So it needs to be set to harvest to get more seeds. The UI thing is a bug either way as it's not checking the seed production type.

I think I've seen you dive into the code before - does that mean it only drops a seed on digging it up ( as in it's already growing ) - or has it got something to do with buried objects. I can usually find them behind cracked tiles - so actually getting the plant isn't that big of a deal, they're just not dropping seeds on harvest as advertised.

Share this comment

9 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

I think I've seen you dive into the code before - does that mean it only drops a seed on digging it up ( as in it's already growing ) - or has it got something to do with buried objects. I can usually find them behind cracked tiles - so actually getting the plant isn't that big of a deal, they're just not dropping seeds on harvest as advertised.

Hidden is used for plants that can't create more seeds but the seed can be recovered, like wheezeworts.

Share this comment

I noticed the same issue and was thinking along the lines of the OP. Thanks for the info here—hopefully they pick this up and update the UI to remove that text if that's the proper intention (uprooting produces seed, but harvest doesn't).

Share this comment