Post Mutant Vix fight crash

TorvikTheViking
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Playstation Fixed

After defeating Mutant Vix and getting to the prompt that begins the ending cutscene, selecting the prompt instead causes a crash. The game did not save my fight progress nor the fact that I beat that run though I think that’s working as intended as the game probably doesn’t save until after the cutscene is over.

Steps to Reproduce

Selecting the prompt that begins the ending cutscene.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Sorry for the inconvenience. we have just rolled out Update 1.02 for PlayStation 4 which includes the fix for this particular issue, More information here: 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I can also confirm that this crash is not fixed. I just beat Mutant Vix three times in a row and got the same crash upon prompting the epilogue all three times.

Previously it crashed near the beginning of the fight, now it crashes after the fight. It does still unlock Smith's Brawl mode so at least I can play that while I wait for yet another patch.

Share this comment

25 minutes ago, CrimsonDream said:

I can also confirm that this crash is not fixed. I just beat Mutant Vix three times in a row and got the same crash upon prompting the epilogue all three times.

Previously it crashed near the beginning of the fight, now it crashes after the fight. It does still unlock Smith's Brawl mode so at least I can play that while I wait for yet another patch.

Thanks for backing me up on this one. I was going insane with the amount of times I’ve checked for the update only for the version history to remain the same. I even uninstalled and redownloaded the game to see if I could get the patch that way, but no, the patch that happened today fixed the previous crash and blue screen but introduced a new crash.

Share this comment

Same here. Patch fixed the crash before the fight. This is a new crash after the fight. As the previous comment mentioned: we can unlock brawl, but not the next prestige for Smith story, as that doesn't unlock until after the cutscene.

Share this comment

Confirmed this is NOT fixed. Please reread the thread and open back up. I am getting this crash as well. Smith's campaign is still broken. 

Share this comment

Hi everyone, sorry for the inconvenience. We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating this with our port partner. We will update as soon as we have more info.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Hey everyone, we are sorry for the wait, but would like to thank you for your patience. A fix for this particular crash has been included in the update we rolled out today for PS4. (7/15/2021) More information about the update can be found here: 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment