[Beta] Missing Ballphins

Ridley
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

I crafted the new Ballphin Palace and placed it near my base so that I could see the little guys. However, after returning from a lengthy adventure I discovered that all the Ballphins were gone and they never came back. I never befriended any of them and they were never attacked by anything, so I do not understand what happened. My base is close to the edge the map, and I wonder if they tried to follow me through the mist. Other than that I have no clue what could of happen to them.

20171003122703_1.thumb.jpg.0493493ced9b84b431f905a4b9630309.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
I made Ballphin Palace, went on an long adventure, and then I never saw those Ballphins ever again.

User Feedback

I have a similer issue. Looks like they aren't respawning either. I have seen 1 ballphin travel all the way to the edge and disappeared into the fogs. May be they have gone somewhere far.

Share this comment

I have several issues with crafted ballphins as well. The first one I crafted spawned some ballphins but all they do is hump my island and sleep. The second one works just like the ones I see from world gen. The third 1 spawns 1 ballphin and never more than that. And I haven't seen any from my fourth palace. I notice that some of my world gen palaces are also stuck on max of 1 ballphin spawns. I've been wondering if they have a long respawn time for a couple in game years now but it doesn't seem like that is the problem. Unless maybe they have to be on screen or restarting the game resets their respawn like coral?

Share this comment

They work like pig houses, it should spawn one at at time, and takes 4 days to respawn a new Ballphin after the old one is gone. 

It could be that the Ballphins are swimming off somewhere, "chasing" something unintentional. I haven't seen that behavior yet myself. If someone has a savegame with Ballphins stuck trying to swim somwhere at the edge of an island, it would be great to get a look at that.

Share this comment

image.thumb.png.a1d75ac3bb17ede777626307decb7e13.png

I brought the game after the live update came out and I've been having the same problems. I recently built two ballphin palaces and the ballphins disappeared. There was no light at night or anything. I eventually managed to find one of them (at least it had the same name) swimming aimlessly in shallow ocean at the spot where Walani is on the map. The ballphin palaces are the pair in the center.

I had another one earlier and the ballphins from it (I think it spawned 3) got stuck swimming against the shore. They didn't react even the crocodogs attacked. I ended up killing the ballphins just so it would spawn a functioning one, but that one seems to have gotten lost as well, so I hammered down the ballphin palace.)

(Actually, maybe the ballphin I found was the one from the hammered down palace... which means the other 2 are still missing...)

Share this comment

Can confirm, I've been seeing ballphins from palaces that I built start swimming off to the edge of the world. They do start to come back to their homes at dusk, but usually don't make it before going to sleep on the spot at night, just to swim away in the same direction once its day again. They will, by the way, get stuck swimming against an island if its in the way(its also incredibly easy to push them onto land, where they will continue to swim)

Share this comment