Interiors prematurely ending Howling Conch/Dribble Pipe Rain

TheOnlyGuyEver
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

After the recent update, entering and exiting interiors seems to sometimes (not always, which is strange) prematurely end rain caused by Howling Conchs (RoG) and Dribble Pipes. I suspect this is due to the interior rain patches in the update. I'm unsure if this oddity extends to other player-induced rain as well, such as using the Telelocator.

Steps to Reproduce
Induce rain using a Howling Conch or Dribble Pipe, then enter and exit an interior.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

some thing similar would happen to fog, (which should probably be fixed, although i do enjoy being able to cancel the fog)

Share this comment

I'm not able to repro this if I just play dripple pipes and go into and out of interiors. There's another piece to this puzzle. 

Sending us a save file which was affected might help? or a video of if happening? 

Share this comment

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm not able to repro this if I just play dripple pipes and go into and out of interiors. There's another piece to this puzzle. 

Sending us a save file which was affected might help? or a video of if happening? 

Here's a video:

Don't Starve 2019.05.27 - 14.42.25.02.mp4

In case you're curious, it's not in the footage, but I made sure to do the exact same thing with the Dribble Pipes instead afterwards, and the same result was had.

Here's the save:

survival_4

I feel that I should also add that there was a single instance during Winter where exiting an interior caused it to stop snowing and for all snow textures on the ground to disappear.

Share this comment

Ah, we were able to reproduce it (thanks to the video - going into a second room triggered the bug), this should be fixed in the next update.

Share this comment

@Jason @bizziboi I have some bad news:

Don't Starve 2019.05.30 - 16.43.05.04.mp4

survival_4

Reproducing it seems somewhat inconsistent, which is the weird.

Here's some more footage. Notice that sometimes upon leaving the house the lighting will change from the darker that it's supposed to be at to a brighter level, as if the rain were nearing the end of its duration:

Desktop 2019.05.30 - 17.08.44.01.mp4

Edited by TheOnlyGuyEver

Share this comment

Yeap, found another way rain could be ended prematurely when exiting an interior. Should be fixed in the next update.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment