Cannot place building where it should be possible

515905_1452787397
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

Just began trying to build new structures in Hamlet and the second building I try to build doesn't turn from Red(unplaceable) to Green(placeable) even though the space where I'm trying to put it seems empty. Even tried removing turf from underneath it to see if there was anything getting in the way but even though the spot seems empty the game won't allow me to place the building there.

20190529192701_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
I simply tried to place a building in an empty spot and it wouldn't let me. Not sure exactly how would you reproduce that as I don't even know what's causing this.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Can you place structures like a fire pit on that spot? Is this the only spot you cannot build on? Do you build a city in the wild? I could place it closer than you showed.

image.thumb.png.adf78c80342cd0732353efafc6a06adb.png

I am unsure if this can happen but maybe you got unlucky and an invisible bramble spawner had been spawned in your city. 

Edited by axxel
add spawning

Share this comment

In fact it seems there is a spot overlapping part of where that building was and part of the street where I can't place any buildings, be it Town buildings or Campfires, Fire Pits and other regular buildings.

I'm building inside Swinesbury City, so shouldn't the biome automatically keep brambles out?

I think there's definitely something invisible there (and in plenty other places) making it impossible for me to build where apparently there should be nothing.

Edited by 515905_1452787397

Share this comment

Your save file would really help me find out what's blocking your placement. You can send it to us by going to the main menu and selecting Options>Report Bug   

In the description, give us the save slot number and say "invisible building blocker". That would be awesome. 

Share this comment

this is 100% an invinsible bandit spot or brumble spawner. they are evrywhere. ive a mega city with 750 days and i have them evrywhere on my flatstone turf which i placed 400 days ago. i use the mod "to many items" and delete entity around my player to delete this spots. its working but always when lush season starts i get a crash. 

ill send bug report from in game

btw if you use geometric polacement mod you can exactly see where its red and you cant place

20190604065906_1.thumb.jpg.fbe57e17674ef2c19041929019a78ec1.jpg20190604065923_1.thumb.jpg.681555481bfd8abe36aef9c934eda8e8.jpg

you can see ive moved the city and the turfs. when i was building the houses i could place them around the spot. but evry lush season i have there in middle of my city a brumble spawning.

ive reported it ingame with the topic "invisible building blocker"

Edited by BeliarBAD
  • Haha 1

Share this comment