Please add back the ability to bundlings

aaww1010
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Vanilla - NO DLC, Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Pending

By removing the ability to make bundling wraps in adventure mode portals you’re removing major adventure, mode strategies and preparing throughout the challenges making it extremely limited for materials to bring

Steps to Reproduce

Put bundling wrap in adventure mode portal

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

User Feedback

I don't even see why this was a "bug" in the first place. The Teleportatoe in Adventure Mode only has 4 slots to accept items. Putting 4 Bundling Wraps inside, is out-playing Maxwell in this metaphorical game of chess. Chapter to chapter, Maxwell changes the rules as he sees fit, so out smarting him by using Bundling Wraps is fair game.

(Same if you bring a domesticated Beefalo, but I think we still need to fix where you spawn in the new world if you're riding a Beefalo. 9 / 10 times it's the void.)

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I know it sucks to have this patched, I agree itd be lovely to still have. But you're not going to get anything out of producing a report on the bug tracker on something that you know is a fully intentional change listed in the patch notes. It only clogs up the tracker with reports that will be ignored by developers.

The Suggestions and Feedback forum, or update post itself would be a better place to present your arguments and have a higher chance of consideration from developers I imagine, :).

• Like 5

Share this comment

5 hours ago, KCDA said:

I don't even see why this was a "bug" in the first place. The Teleportatoe in Adventure Mode only has 4 slots to accept items. Putting 4 Bundling Wraps inside, is out-playing Maxwell in this metaphorical game of chess. Chapter to chapter, Maxwell changes the rules as he sees fit, so out smarting him by using Bundling Wraps is fair game.

(Same if you bring a domesticated Beefalo, but I think we still need to fix where you spawn in the new world if you're riding a Beefalo. 9 / 10 times it's the void.)

bland way to justify abusing of an oversigh produced for adding bundle wraps. You arent outsmarting anything by putting a whole player inventory in the limited by design slots of the machine

instead of "shall i bring miner hat+walking cane+marble or shall i put wood instead?" you just go "i put my whole inventory yolo"

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 3

Share this comment

My reasoning for it being a intended feature does that help people who are new or at the game or trying to beat the game faster they have more options to play especially speed runners

mainly so people don’t have to worry about collecting grass twigs and other resources when they have to deal with stuff like winter freezing

thunderstorms pack a lot of monsters and more

Share this comment

53 minutes ago, CameoAppearance said:

Please don't add it back. I don't want it to be considered a mandatory tactic by the community.

It’s Been used as a strategy in normal and speed running for almost 6 years now it just really werd to remove some thing like this that seem intended 

Share this comment

I can’t close this but I apologize for putting this in the wrong spot 

14 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

Please don't add it back. I don't want it to be considered a mandatory tactic by the community.

Fair enough 

+ My favorite items to bring in the portal 

miner helmet

walking cane

fire flys

and usually gold

Edited by aaww1010
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 1/31/2023 at 9:07 PM, aaww1010 said:

It’s Been used as a strategy in normal and speed running for almost 6 years now it just really werd to remove some thing like this that seem intended 

If you counted the years the Backpack Bug served that role then sure! (But Bundling Wraps themselves were ported to DS during Hamlet's development. January 11, 2019 to be exact. So, "6 years" is a little much, unless you're from 2025? SpookySounds.sfx)

In all seriousness, I see no harm in this being unpatched. You, as a player are simply outsmarting Maxwell if you use Bundling Wraps in Adventure Mode (just like using WX-78 or Wigfrid in Adventure Mode.)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

9 hours ago, KCDA said:

If you counted the years the Backpack Bug served that role then sure! (But Bundling Wraps themselves were ported to DS during Hamlet's development. January 11, 2019 to be exact. So, "6 years" is a little much, unless you're from 2025? SpookySounds.sfx)

In all seriousness, I see no harm in this being unpatched. You, as a player are simply outsmarting Maxwell if you use Bundling Wraps in Adventure Mode (just like using WX-78 or Wigfrid in Adventure Mode.)

Ya I accidentally missed up mixing dates of wean it was added to don’t starve vs don’t starve together I did move this post to the forms Klei informed me to put feed back on the update even if not popular

thank you for agreeing my favorite character to use for adventure mode is wigfrid I don’t get damaged a lot but I do fight things or monsters a lot so the sandy barely ever going down unless I need it to is helpful

Edited by aaww1010

Share this comment