Palm trees appear in The Game is Afoot when SW or Hamlet compatibility is on

CameoAppearance
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Vanilla - NO DLC, Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Fixed

For some reason, a grove of palm trees spawns in the middle of the clockwork area in The Game is Afoot when you play Adventure Mode in a RoG world where Shipwrecked or Hamlet compatibility is turned on. This looks very odd in snowy weather, especially since they spawn on a type of turf that they can't be planted on by the player. (They still can't be planted on forest turf if you cut them down here and get the coconuts.)

With Shipwrecked compatibility on, the coconuts can't be planted nor can they be hacked open, and there are no crafting recipes available that use them, so they're mostly useless. Pigs can eat them, but they don't drop any manure if they do.

If you enable Hamlet compatibility instead, you can craft a machete, hack open the coconuts, and eat them. You can't make them into coconades unless you happen to find the appropriate blueprint inside a tumbleweed or as one of the random starting items, which is disappointing, but you also can't do that in Hamlet unless you get the blueprint somewhere or link worlds and do it in Shipwrecked (which is also disappointing, but beyond the scope of this post).

tree3.png

tree4.png

tree5.png

tree1.png

tree2.png

Steps to Reproduce

1. Start a Reign of Giants game with Hamlet or Shipwrecked compatibility enabled.

2. Find Maxwell's Door and enter Adventure Mode.

3. If you don't get The Game is Afoot immediately, either die or world jump and try again.

4. c_gonext("palmtree")

5. If you have Hamlet compatibility on, get some twigs and flint and craft a machete.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Potato Cup 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

If it's intentional, then drop the coconade recipe! All the ingredients are available in adventure mode if you count these trees. I want to blow up bees with it.

• Like 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, CameoAppearance said:

If it's intentional, then drop the coconade recipe! All the ingredients are available in adventure mode if you count these trees. I want to blow up bees with it.

Not all worlds in Adventure Mode have a Desert, and not all Adventure Mode Deserts have Tumbleweed spawners... And sometimes you get an A.M.D. with only ONE spawner. Either way, the Tumbleweed grinding for Blueprints is hell, but it was worth the 800+ days I put into grinding for Blueprints on my Woodlegs Megabase In Epilogue project! (And trust me, you need the pre-beta bugs to make it actually playable.)

• Potato Cup 1

Share this comment