When press F, sometimes character stops to say something instead of actually attacking

erikac14
  • Fixed

When press F to attack, sometimes character wouldn't attack but stand there and say his fighting quote.

This issue has been in game for many years, but becomes a serious issue because of the new lunar bosses.

We only have a very small window to stun these 3 bosses at certain time, and if a character doesn't attack immediately, it's very likely we won't be able to stun them.

I hope this will be fixed soon

Steps to Reproduce

fighting i guess

• Big Ups 5
  • Spooky 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
2 minutes ago, V2C said:

Do you have caves on? And are you on default settings or turned off prediction?

I've had this happen as well.

I have caves on and lag compensation disabled.

Share this comment

I have had this issue ever since they fixed it where the characters would say their quote once initiating combat (so, a long time). I have caves on and lag compensation disabled.

Share this comment

Hi there this has happened to me plenty of times, caves on lag compensation disabled on both dedicated server and local.

When you press F it seems like the attack tries to go through (your character walks toward target) but then the animation is cancelled before it can start with the character facing the camera and letting out a combat quote, the level of severity varies, sometimes the attack resumes a few frames later, other times it's truly egregious and keeps you from attacking for at least 1 attack cycle or more.

I believe this was fixed in the Wickerbottom update but was reverted as the combat beta broke other parts of the game.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Known Issue

OK I may have fixed a few things that could be causing this.  Will try to get this out first thing after the weekend.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 2
  • GL Happy 6
  • Spooky 1

Share this comment