Wardrobe Reskin Bug

Bird Up
  • Fixed

I've seen a ton of people doing this bug lately and it's been causing a lot of general confusion. People are able to reskin their character to look exactly like another character. I don't know exactly the process, but I believe they edit save files corresponding to characters outfits (for example giving wendy a wolfgang preset), then in game they go to the wardrobe and they select the preset they edited to reskin their character to look like another character. What is done is you type GetPlayer().prefab = "character" into the console, then you use wardrobe. They can even change their ghost skin to look like another character's ghost skin.

WardrobeBug1.png

WardrobeBug2.png

WardrobeBug3.png

wilson skinned as willow -

WardrobeBug4.png

Steps to Reproduce

I haven't done it myself, but I think you edit your files and then use the wardrobe.

Type GetPlayer().prefab = "character" into the console, and use wardrobe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
42 minutes ago, PhoeniX19922 said:

willow with wilsons beard! =D =D =D

tahts gotta be a mod not bug

almost definitely not a mod. I've seen several people doing it and one of them told me to reproduce by editing folders and then use the wardrobe.

Share this comment

Does this method still work? I copy pasted GetPlayer().prefab = "character" into my console and used the wardrobe, but it just comes up with an error and makes me exit the game. I just saw a Warley as a Wendy skin in a public server so I know it still works, just not how to do it.

Share this comment

GetPlayer().prefab = "character"  is not what you put, (example)  GetPlayer().prefab = "Wilson"  or  GetPlayer().prefab = "Wendy" it crashes cause its not a direct character

Share this comment

On 9/25/2021 at 5:02 AM, chrislbaker23 said:

GetPlayer().prefab = "character"  is not what you put, (example)  GetPlayer().prefab = "Wilson"  or  GetPlayer().prefab = "Wendy" it crashes cause its not a direct character

My game crashed after I put in GetPlayer().prefab = "Wes". I disabled all the client and server mods and it still crashed. I tried it with Wortox and other characters too and it still crashed.

Share this comment

This is so sad why do you all think of this as a terrible bug it was literally one of the most fun little secret features that you could do I don't see a problem with any of this and I'm a little sad that it was just taken away sometimes I want to play as a different character but looks like someone that matters most to me which is my main I don't understand how little fun could be harm....

Share this comment