Stuck on Loading

YesterdaysLemon
  • Pending

I've asked this on the General Chat, but I figured it would be better suited here, now I'll just have to figure out how to delete that last one. I have been experiencing an issue with the caves for about three days now, when ever I try to use a sinkhole to travel to the caves, or vice versa, I get stuck on a loading screen; at first I thought I just had to give it more time, so I let my game idle for about half an hour to see it still loading. I've tried verifying the integrity of the game files, disabling and deleting all my mods, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, ensuring that the game is not being blocked by my firewall or anti-virus.

Somethings I've noticed, If I host a world I do not encounter this issue. Another thing, my character seems to enter a sort of god mode while loading, as I joined an empty Klei Official server to try and test the caves (spoiler, didn't work), and after a 15 minute YouTube video I decided to force quit the game and rejoin the server, only to find that I have not lost any hunger or health during that entire time. Also when I removed all my mods and tried again on an official dedicated servers, kinda fixed the infinite loading, but now it would send me back to the over world no matter how many times I've tried to enter the sinkhole. I've been told by other players in public servers that they, or someone they know, are experiencing a similar issue, so now I am more confused than ever, is it something that I messed up? Like delete an important file, or is it something affect more players than just me.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Sign in and search for any online server

2. Find a sinkhole

3. Try to enter said sinkhole

4. Get sent back to the over world, or get stuck in a seemingly infinite loading screen

• GL Happy 1

User Feedback

1 hour ago, --- -.- said:

yeah, new update add some problems for caves for some poor guys like us :wilson_cry:

So glad to hear that am not the only one! Hopefully this will be behind us soon. :wilson_smile:

Share this comment

Well, I bet y'all aren't losing worlds. I just lost my newly(and a great one) generated world which had 48 days with good biomes.

Yes, sure, I have a PotatoComputer, but the infinite loading screen got my rollback cancelled and pretty much made me lose my world from lagging.

• Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

This just in.. I have thought this might be a mod's problem. I don't know which, but after disabling most of my mods the screen loaded in just fine. But then, after I activated some previously disabled ones, this issue rises again.

Might update on this later if I find out which mod though.

Edit: Actually, you mentioned about disabling all mods. I suppose this may be an actual technical problem.
I'm no programmer, though. Don't count on me.

Edited by Baguettes
  • GL Happy 1

Share this comment

I believe I fixed it!

What I have done is I sat down and tried recalling everything that has happen before I had this issue, and  I recalled making my personal dedicated server. So I went to my Klei profile and deleted the cluster key from there. I've also been going through my mods and reading the comments and saw that that people were commenting issues on a mod called "Wormhole Icons [Fixed]" so I disabled that and it seems as if I can now load in and out of the caves again!!

Edited by YesterdaysLemon
Diden't finished typing

Share this comment

Darn it, more assumptions! Okay, so I found my clientside faulty mod, and that's Show Aggro.

I don't know about yours, though. Try disabling some things that you think might be faulty. This took me 4 hours to figure everything out.
At least try to make a checklist of what works fine and what doesn't. That should help.
Another edit:

1 minute ago, YesterdaysLemon said:

I believe I fixed it!

Oh oops, That just popped up on my screen. Congrats on that.
I still don't get why Wormhole Icons don't work for you..? It works just fine on my end.
Well, that's another mystery for later. It's just okay that we can play normally now, right?

Edited by Baguettes
Forum updates so quick!
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, YesterdaysLemon said:

Do you have any idea on how I can change the flair from pending to fixed?

You can't, only the devs and mods can do so.

Share this comment

9 minutes ago, Baguettes said:

You can't, only the devs and mods can do so.

Not even us mods can do that, that's a dev-only power around here

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

1 minute ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Not even us mods can do that, that's a dev-only power around here

Oh whoops, pardon me.

• Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Share this comment