Lesser Glowberries on the ground look identical to normal Glowberries

QuartzBeam
  • Fixed

Despite having different effects and inventory icons, when dropped on the ground, Lesser Glowberries use the same assets as normal Glowberries.

Apparently, this is because their constructor function does not use the bank/build arguments passed to it, but explicitly uses the normal Glowberry assets instead. (This was reported by someone else over a month ago and got buried, so I only recall the broad strokes of it.)

Steps to Reproduce

1. Drop Glowberry on the floor.

2. Drop Lesser Glowberry on the floor.

3. They're the same picture.

• Like 3

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
26 minutes ago, cherrypiee said:

well, i don't think that is unintended.

You think it's intentional that two different items look different in the inventory, but identical on the ground?

And, for the record, the construction function is 2 words away from giving each type of glowberry its own look.

• Like 1

Share this comment

i mean that they should be definitely aware of this. i am playing this game since 2016-2017 and it was always like this. that is why i said i thought it was intentional.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, zarklord_klei said:

Changed Status to Fixed

ngl, i want the confused emote back. people have been complaining about this for longer than i've been playing, i really am dumbfounded that it is going to get fixed and i suspect there must be a fish nearby >.>

• Haha 1
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Share this comment

since they do not have different appearance when they are not picked (because if they did have, you could easily say which is a depth worm and which is not), it would be absurd if they had different appearance on the floor. i think that is why this is something that intentional and not something that require a fix.

Edited by cherrypiee

Share this comment

1 hour ago, cherrypiee said:

since they do not have different appearance when they are not picked (because if they did have, you could easily say which is a depth worm and which is not), it would be absurd if they had different appearance on the floor. i think that is why this is something that intentional and not something that require a fix.

devs_wrong.thumb.jpg.d47a0fa53448eaa6b7d4e1f90a04fe3c.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Share this comment

11 hours ago, gaymime said:

ngl, i want the confused emote back. people have been complaining about this for longer than i've been playing, i really am dumbfounded that it is going to get fixed and i suspect there must be a fish nearby >.>

Well I can't say I'd see things like these get fixed myself, but here we are.

This is the timeline we are living in, Zark is a dev, lesser glowberries now truly are lesser and Farming is now one of my favorite aspects of the game.

Game's come a long way since ye ol' days of Staying fed 2: get her.

• Haha 1

Share this comment