Invincible Moose Goose

Stapled_Grinz
  • Pending

This issue occurs when you kite an attack from moose goose and go back in with a walking cane. Something about the timing of the goose coming towards you with its hopping motion and the timing of the walking cane bringing you in makes the game think you aren't actually hitting moose goose. No damage is done and no durability is lost on your weapon.

On this clip, I actually got lucky and was able to get a few consecutive hits in, but most of the time, over 70%ish of your hits are uneffective. Afterwards I fought a different one as Wormwood, and I figured out you can get the hits to register most of the time if you hit 4 times before kiting. However, I was Wormwood in spring (Speed buff) with walking cane on a road. None of the other characters get that additional speed buff just because its spring so it'd be pretty hard to get 4 hits in without getting antler-smacked by the loosey Goosey.

P.S. - NOT MODDED WORLD. Only client mods (Health Info, Geometric Placement)

InvincibleMooseGoose.mp4

Steps to Reproduce
Walking Cane, Any character, Spring, Moose Goose. Just kite an attack then move in with walking cane, swap to weapon, and try to hit. You will hit some, but you'll see what I mean.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

I also have the bug with missing hits just after kiting, mainly when fighting with moose/goose and dragonfly. The bug occurs only when playing Wurt. I've checked it many times past last few days. It actually makes wurt not worth playing. I love you klei and i love dst but it's first time i must say i am rlly disappointed. You have released totally bugged character. I 've paid for it and can't actually play cuz of all these bugs.

Share this comment

Hi. We have identified of the cause of the issue. Unfortunately the bug is in some very old code and potential fixes have a high risk of introducing new bugs. We may wait until the beta before introducing the fix (and then after a few days, if all goes well, move it to the main build).

I'm not sure what is causing it to be more prevalent now, or if people are just choosing to be more vocal about it.

This should be limited to fighting giants so, as a work around, i'd suggest disabling lag compensation while fighting giants or try manually walking up to them before issuing the attack command.

• Thanks 3

Share this comment

This bug is definitely newish, it's not that people were less vocal about it. I now regularly get this with Wolfgang (so not just Wurt) against Moose and DF. As described in the original report, it occurs if the giant moves towards you before you land your first hit. In that case all the hits until the next kite do not register. 

Edited by Majestix

Share this comment