Entities with low freezable resistance can be "freezelocked" forever

. . .
  • Pending

this bug is mostly very annoying for players when using mods that add stuff which effect freezable effects like lowering it or characters with low resistance or a weapon with high freeze power, but definitely feels like a bug/oversight with the freezable component and should be fixed by klei not modders :D

if a entity has a low amount of freezable resistance or they take a lot of coldness they can be frozen forever basically here's an example with deerclops keeping a player with 1 freezable resistance (using console command) and normal pigmen freezelocking them till death

so it would be great if when an entity is frozen they can't receive more coldness or at least get frozen again to prevent this annoying bug from happening

ps: just because this bug doesn't happen in strictly vanilla gameplay for player characters i hope that won't be an excuse to not fix it because mods and even pigmen are just as important to dst as vanilla gameplay is and if for some strange reason this is actually intended to work in this horrible way then this does not feel like a good game "mechanic" to have at all and should be changed then things frozen cant get more coldness to be stuck in an infinite frozen state.. this is not dark souls that players or entities deserve to get certain death for being frozen once... please fix, ty

Steps to Reproduce

put in console ThePlayer.components.freezable:SetResistance(1)

OR

spawn an entity with low freezable resistance

get hit by deerclops

• Haha 1

User Feedback

Technically you can't prolong freeze on bosses when ice starts shaking. Does deerclops first deal damage, then apply cold? If so, I guess  it makes sense to be chilled after being hit by him. Perhaps it's down to you to also change this behaviour if necessary.

I feel alright about default setting though, don't know whats the point of your change. :)

Share this comment

10 hours ago, Diaboliko said:

don't know whats the point of your change

this is obviously an oversight and a bug. since i have faith someone at klei wasn't like "you know what would be great mechanic? if an entity gets frozen once they should keep getting hit and frozen forever till they die!"

10 hours ago, Diaboliko said:

Perhaps it's down to you to also change this behaviour if necessary

i don't work for klei so fixing bugs in the game is not something i should be doing, sorry. :)

Edited by --- -.-

Share this comment

The problem with your request is that no player or mob has freeze resist this low. I'm not certain Klei enjoys coding for improbable scenarios.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Well-met said:

no player or mob has freeze resist this low.

b r u h.. say sike right now... in the video it shows normal pigmen being effected by the bug, not only pigmen are effected, merms, bunnymen, spiders, and several other mobs basically any which have 2 freezable resistance can be freezelocked forever which is a majority of all mobs in the normal game.

also, mod characters can be effected by this bug if they have 2 resistance or less and before anybody says "mod characters are not part of the gaem!!1" mod characters when effected by bugs caused by the normal game then it's just as legitimate a bug if it effected default characters, i'm sick of seeing people having prejudice against mod characters on this forum..... mod characters are just as important as the default characters a lot of people play them including me and without them a lot of people would be too bored to play dst including me

2 hours ago, Well-met said:

I'm not certain Klei enjoys coding for improbable scenarios.

it's not improbable all you have to do is use a character with 2 or less freezable resistance. what if i want to play as a mod character which is very refined and there con is to freeze faster from low amounts of coldness to freeze them then that should be possible but instead the character or entity can just be frozen forever this also makes mods which add weapons which can apply coldness really op and it's not even the mods fault it's the way the freezable component works.

all klei would need to do to fix this is when a player gets frozen then unfrozen they have like half a second or a second of cooldown before being able to be frozen again then they can at least have a minor amount of time to try to get away and not get caught in an endless frozen cycle.

please klei fix the bug it's really frustrating, ty

Edited by --- -.-

Share this comment

let say someone codded a character with one hp, and any mob in the game can one shot him, is that a bug for you? and it's klei's fault because they made a game that can allow mods? 

Share this comment

its really annoying how a lot of people are annoying me for reporting a bug and i don't feel like explaining why this is a bug over and over again it's a waste of my time. not giving anymore explanations

dying because you have 1 health ~= getting frozen endlessly by being attacked with no way to escape because you have a lower threshold to freeze or was frozen by a higher value than your freezable resistance

Share this comment

On 9/11/2020 at 8:42 PM, --- -.- said:

its really annoying how a lot of people are annoying me for reporting a bug and i don't feel like explaining why this is a bug over and over again it's a waste of my time. not giving anymore explanations

dying because you have 1 health ~= getting frozen endlessly by being attacked with no way to escape because you have a lower threshold to freeze or was frozen by a higher value than your freezable resistance

idk man

one time I made a report about deerclops having missing symbols when he shoots his laser outside of Yule and I basically got told off because "MoDeD"

• Sad 1

Share this comment

9 hours ago, Well-met said:

one time I made a report about deerclops having missing symbols when he shoots his laser outside of Yule and I basically got told off because "MoDeD"

that's genuinely sad :/ 

Share this comment