Does the Unyielding Draught (blue shield) potion work properly?

lakhnish
  • Closed

The item description for this item says "Yield your sister from harm" and then a big blue barrier pops up when Abigail is hit.

However, Abigail still takes damage when this blue shield pops up. Is this supposed to block and/or reduce damage?

Mods that show hp & damage dealt show that she's still taking the same damage, with or without the potion.

I have asked others what this does and they are not sure either. Any clarification would be appreciated on if this is working or not.

I tested it against both a Merm and a tentacle.

Steps to Reproduce
Use the Unyielding Draught potion on Abigail. See that she takes and deals the same amount of hp/damage without it. Not sure if its working based on its description.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

In my games it works like it's supposed to work:

Whenever Abigail takes damage, she recieves a shield which negates all the incoming damage for the next ~0.5 seconds. It might be useless against bigger mobs, but in case of, for example, a Frog Rain, Abigail will negate most of the damage taken by all the frogs nearby.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:

Whenever Abigail takes damage, she recieves a shield which negates all the incoming damage for the next ~0.5 seconds. It might be useless against bigger mobs, but in case of, for example, a Frog Rain, Abigail will negate most of the damage taken by all the frogs nearby.

Ah, then that's probably why I didn't understand what it did. Thanks!

• Like 2

Share this comment

11 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

In my games it works like it's supposed to work:

Abigail already does that without the potion though...

Share this comment

12 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

ScottHansen appears to disagree.

Where does he disagree and with what?

Abigail *literally* creates a forcefield when hit, even without the potion.

Share this comment

On 3/20/2020 at 8:33 PM, QuartzBeam said:

Where does he disagree and with what?

I believe they are referring to this comment by Scott about what the blue shield potion is supposed to do.

Share this comment