Invisible Inc. prequel?

I know there have been several threads asking for Invisible Inc 2 and I still can't help starting another one.

This game is awesome, probably my favourite game ever! The art style is fantastic, the soundtrack is a masterpiece (what software did they use for this?), the agents are so cool (and I absolutely love that they are all individuals, each one with their own story, instead of being just customisable characters!), the gameplay is addictive, the atmosphere, the voice actors, the cutscenes, the item descriptions - everything is awesome! I discovered it only one year ago and I couldn't play any other game for many weeks. I just wish it was longer. I would love to have more story and more missions.

Many people were asking for a sequel and of course that would be great, but I think there should be a prequel above all. During the game, I just got enough snippets of backstory to become really curious about what happened to the world, about the resource wars, the corporations, Olivias story, Dereks story, the agents' stories - I feel that there would be so much potential for a prequel.

Please think about it, Klei! And, most important of all, never stop producing games!

While waiting for Invisible Inc. 2 to come out, I am now enjoying Oxygen not Included and really looking forward to Griftlands.

Yeah, there's so much potential just in the II backstory, isn't there? I really wish Contingency Plan had added a fully-fledged prequel campaign (cough Istanbul Run cough) and not just a gameplay expanding pack. (That said, it added data logs, so I can never be angry at it.)

The history of the PEIA and the Resource Wars, what one can piece together from scraps of lore, is a fascinating one, and the theme of corporate takeover changing the way the world works threatens to be fascinatingly relevant today. I think Klei was just aiming to make a fun cyberpunk story, but they accidentally made something much deeper. It would be wonderful to see more of it. Sadly, Klei doesn't seem to have any specific plans for continuing the franchise right now.

P.S. If it's your favourite game, you should come hang out with us on the Discord server (link: https://discord.gg/aQrXEse ) because uhhh this place is pretty much dead. Especially if you like the PEIA. There are people here who will begin to foam at the mouth if you so much as mention them... (Ok, not to oversell the size of the tiny community, but STILL. Isn't that right @neurvelist...)

PEIA! PEIA! PEIA!

Frankly, most of us feel you. It doesn't matter why one loves Invisible, Inc, lore or the atmosphere or the mechanics, I dare to say we all want more. As for me and Hekateras.... never enough lore. It's a pain of mine how little the PEIA agents got- I know. I know we got data logs and new items and great additions and all that, hell, the data logs are one of my favourite parts about the game.

Also, loud shoutout to the community modders who added new agents, equipment, programs, a whole new corporation, crossovers, brought back interactive events, and so on. It's a delight to see how much the community cares about Invisible, Inc. Nearly everyone who already likes what we have now would jump right onto another Invisible, Inc. game. A prequel that focuses on my favourite agents? Sounds like heaven, if you ask me.
Or... or not even a whole new game... I'm so thirsty I'd settle for a Contingency Plan DLC content update. I don't think I have another game I'm so hopeless and passionate for, like Invisible, Inc.

What Hekateras said. If you love the game and want to see/add more, come, join us there, we have great artists, writers and people who enjoy talking lore and have something to add to this universe and we always want more. We might be a small community but we are still active, out there, contributing whatever we can. We also have events? challenges? organised by the community admin. At least last year there was one in December/January and I'm certain we will have another one coming. If not, we will riot.

On 12/5/2018 at 12:27 PM, Hekateras said:

If it's your favourite game, you should come hang out with us on the Discord server (link: https://discord.gg/aQrXEse ) because uhhh this place is pretty much dead.

I love the Discord server and its participants to death.  The only problem is... well, Discord.

I can't check Discord from work, so I have to wait until the brief block of time every day when I can.  And Discord really isn't set up for that kind of interaction.  It serves people well who enjoy one-sentence-at-a-time dialogue in real time, not for people who want to be part of in-depth conversations where there's room to set up points, explain rationalizations or evidence, and so on, where people can weigh in as their schedules permit.

So I enjoy hanging out on the Discord server, but I don't really feel like I ever really get to contribute.  And I kind of hate that.

Invisible, Inc. has been either my favorite game or close to it since its release.  I still play it quite a lot.  I just wish there were a way for me to have my cake and eat it, too.

Aww @addams013 . I know what you mean, I can't be on Discord much during the day either (except from phone, but I hate typing from phone). Still, if you want to bring in a point to a thing that was discussed 12 hours ago and write a wall of text about it, just tag the person you're responding in and do it. : D I know I for one love discussing things to bit, even if the subject has "moved past them". Especially when it comes to lore/characters/the game.

I might well give that a shot.

10 minutes ago, Hekateras said:

Still, if you want to bring in a point to a thing that was discussed 12 hours ago and write a wall of text about it, just tag the person you're responding in and do it,

I might well try that.  I'm probably showing my age in instinctively avoiding that because it feels rude; bringing a conversation back to where it was hours ago after everyone else has moved on doesn't really work IRL.  But, you know, you gotta work with the tools you have.  (Which is another reason I love this game...  :) )

Thanks for the link to the Discord server! Wow, it is so great to know that there is an active community out there.

I don't know if I will be able to contribute much (for the same reasons as Addams013), but I will definitely hang out there a lot.

Archived