Temporary Workaround for RoG Worlds

So as a lot of you may have noticed, any time you try to change the world settings in RoG, the options don't save and the world is generated as a vanilla DS world. For the time being, until Klei releases an official patch, I found a way around this problem. If you want to create a RoG world that saves your settings, do the following: Select RoG as the DLC you want to use, and change your world/character options to whatever fits your preference. Now comes the most important step. BEFORE YOU CLICK START, select vanilla (DS) as your world, and then select RoG again. This should get you into a fully functioning RoG world (there are still a few issues, such as the bug that causes items on the ground to blow away as if strong winds are present, and the bug that makes autumn have the green hue of spring). I hope everyone finds this helpful.

• Developer
On 11/19/2018 at 2:16 PM, SpoonyBardIV said:

So as a lot of you may have noticed, any time you try to change the world settings in RoG, the options don't save and the world is generated as a vanilla DS world.

Hi,

I just tried this (winter start, ROG, Hamlet compatible, no trees) and it all seemed to generate as intended.

Could you elaborate?

Sure. Whenever I create a RoG world, it lets me change the options in the menu, but it doesn't save. If i don't leave the world as default, it generates as a vanilla DS world (only 2 seasons, orange generation screen, no glommer, desert, birchnut trees, etc.), with RoG stuctures in the crafting menu. If I want all of the RoG features, I need to leave the settings on default. And when I do that, autumn has the green hue of spring (I know that it is indeed autumn because the bees are yellow and the birchnut trees change colors), and any items on the ground seem to be blowing around as if strong winds are moving them. If you need any more info, just let me know. I’ll post a screen recording tomorrow so you see exactly what I mean.

• Developer
11 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

I have the latest patch (the one from today), so I don’t think it’s a case of the game not being up to date. Where is the log file located? 

See the below link, or alternatively go to "Report Bug" under Options in the main menu, it'll upload your entire savegame including logs. Make sure to mention it's about the worldgen ROG/HAM.

Okay, it seems that the world generation bug has been resolved, but the green autumn and blowing item bugs are still present. I reported the bug in the bug tracking section. Sorry I couldn't give you a video, when I tried to upload it I got an error saying the file was too big.

Archived