Biome Specific Harvesting

I would actually like to see biome-specific food sources. As in, certain things could only be harvested depending on which Biome you decide to "base" in, so you'd have to adapt to your environment. e.g

Grassland =

-Fastest honey production

-Average berry bush/grass growth

-Slow farm and sapling production

Forest =

-Average honey production

-Fast sapling/grass/berry production

-Average farm production

-Faster tree growth

Plains =

-Slow honey production

-Fast farm production

-Fast grass production

-Average sapling production

Swamp =

-Uninhabitable by bees

-Fastest farm production

-Fastest grass and sapling production

-Berry bushes unplantable

Idea for the swamp is that it has the most fertile soil but certain things can't inhabit it due to the poisonous nature of the biome. This would be to encourage a risk/reward strategy.

Thoughts?

Why should trees grow faster in a forest? I would decrease the number of trees in the other biomes so that you have to look after forests if you need more than an average source of wood. I think trees grow too fast anyway at least the ones which are planted by the player.

I'm only throwing ideas around to get the idea across :p I came up with those pretty quickly, they would ofcourse need tweaking.

The question is, what happens when you dig the biome up? Maybe once it's atleast a (let's say) 6x6 area of a turf it and all turf that are connected count as "biome"?

Yes, I thought of that too. I was thinking each biome would have the properties set for that area, so moving tiles out of it wouldn't change anything except aesthetics.

Yes, I thought of that too. I was thinking each biome would have the properties set for that area, so moving tiles out of it wouldn't change anything except aesthetics.

thing is I move stuff around a lot and I would forget what biome was where originally.it's a good idea nontheless. I'd just wish we woudl go back to the original resources spread where there was no grass in forest biome. now it seems the biomes got a bit mixed up. Not sure if it's because of glitches or is this how things were supposed to be...

I hope they will define the biomes again in future updates/hotfixes. Like swamps they are unique. Forests became Grasslands with more trees....meh

This. I don't much like the forest biome, it needs some unique features now.

Well, I just think something like this would add a whole new dimension of strategy to the game. You'd have to plan out a lot more and it'd keep the game fresh having to constantly adapt to different environments and managing your resources. I think it would also go well with the intended survival-y aspect of the game.

I thought the forest biomes have single pig houses and spider dens in them? That's atleast what i saw so far...

yeah but you have pig houses elsewhere too and I still remember the times when spider dens were all over the place. I meant like owls instead of redbirds and crows etc.

Well, I just think something like this would add a whole new dimension of strategy to the game. You'd have to plan out a lot more and it'd keep the game fresh having to constantly adapt to different environments and managing your resources. I think it would also go well with the intended survival-y aspect of the game.

I do like the idea of biomes influencing the nature, it's just that there are issues with how to deal with turf changing.