Can't Create Account to Play

So I'll try to explain this properly. I can't play the game, because I can't create an account to play it.

When I open the game it says since I've never played before I have to register an account to play. Clicking that does nothing. Now it's important to note that of course I've tried both having steam overlay enabled and disabled, and neither worked. I've verified my game as well and that did not help. I've tried to restart my computer and that didn't help. 

When I click it with steam overlay enabled, it does open a new window like it's trying to load, but nothing happens no matter how long I wait. When I disable steam overlay and try to click, it does open a new tab or a new browser window, but all I get is a white background and code text. I've tried several different browsers. 

I've spent 40 minutes trying to get it to work and nothing I've tried so far helps, which is disappointing to say the least.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Hello @BellaNerfherder, welcome to the forums. It's been a while since I made my account for DST so I'm not entirely sure what's suppose to appear when you create an account (just to be clear, I'm only a moderator on the forums). Could you take screenshots of what you see when you click Register Account with and without steam overlay? Also you aren't using Big Picture Mode, right? (that in itself has its own issues with steam overlay).

@BellaNerfherder can you access: https://accounts.klei.com/account/info ?

• Developer
34 minutes ago, BellaNerfherder said:

I've spent 40 minutes trying to get it to work and nothing I've tried so far helps, which is disappointing to say the least.

That is definitely not cool @BellaNerfherder - we'll look into this bug from our end but in the mean time if you're just itching to get playing head over to https://accounts.klei.com in your regular web browser and register there, once you've done that the game should skip that registration page next time.

4 minutes ago, nome said:

That is definitely not cool @BellaNerfherder - we'll look into this bug from our end but in the mean time if you're just itching to get playing head over to https://accounts.klei.com in your regular web browser and register there, once you've done that the game should skip that registration page next time.

Thank you very, very much, that did work!

I tried googling for a way to making an account not in game but maybe I didn't do a good job at it.

• Developer

This is our bug, nothing you should be blaming yourself over! We rolled out a fix for people with super old web browsers but it broke new account signup for people with new web browsers. Yorman will be rolling out his fix shortly. Thanks very much for your patience and I hope you enjoy the game now that you're in.

Archived